45 replies to this topic

#1 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

Hey guys,

I have now made M06 for the coop server and it works ok but 1 thing.
On exodus server the doors do not open/close but you can walk through them, not sure why its like this on this server.

Last night i played it on my server with smeebrv to check they do work, also today me Rekoil battle wolf and yuri played my server on M06 and doors work fine they open and close.

Hope we can fix this on main exodus server though.

On another note:

I want to tell you guys that i am going to re make all the mission maps, my next map will be M07.mix
I will still be making my other coop mod with the new maps ive made and stuff but im going to make the mission maps first as it will get done alot faster. Many of you here at exodus probably don't know me yet, for more info about me go here: http://www.exoduscom...user/295-zorid/
I am making a new maps coop mod for renegade which will take me awhile to make as im now going to re make the mission maps 1st. Give me a couple of weeks and ill post some screenies here of my new maps coop mod.

Mod will be called: Coop New territory

Well hope to meet some of you in game soon.

Reguards
Zorid.

#2 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 925 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

I took some screenies on this map. They dont show much of the environment, but are mostly about the testers working together on it.
But anyways here they are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 TNaismith

TNaismith

Nightmare

• Senior Moderators
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

Finally we can get M06 onto the Coop rotation. I hope the bots and objectives are placed well. I can't wait to try this out with people. =D

When's the next time you guys will be on to playtest? Or is it already in the rotation? (No bugs, glitches to fix. etc)

Nice work guys. Coop-gamer for life!

~TNaismith

#4 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 925 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

Finally we can get M06 onto the Coop rotation. I hope the bots and objectives are placed well. I can't wait to try this out with people. =D

When's the next time you guys will be on to playtest? Or is it already in the rotation? (No bugs, glitches to fix. etc)

Nice work guys. Coop-gamer for life!

~TNaismith

I can tell ya M06 is quite hard ;)
And it isnt in the Exodus rotation yet (seeing how the server crashed). We tested it on Zorids server: Ren-Info Co-Op 3.00
This server is still online atm, and i think m06 is still in its rotation.

#5 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

The map is not in the rotation yet due to the bug i said above with the doors.

I will be makin a few small changes to the map also. I dont think its the map that is bugged with the door thing as it works fine on my coop 3.0 coop server.

Will try to fix this asap so it can be added to the rotation.

Reguards
Zorid.

#6 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

Update:

doors fixed and map is now in the rotation.

some minor things to be changed eg, weopon/ ammo/ health and armour i will change so they spawn faster and the 2 bosses at the end need to be more stronger plus move. And i seen that a few bots dont spawn where they are meant to.

I will fix these small things asap.

Reguards
Zorid.

#7 Flying

Flying

I'm too young to die

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

I was there wit you and REck and I personally thought it was kickass. So keep up the good work man :)
Posted Image

#8 TNaismith

TNaismith

Nightmare

• Senior Moderators
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Yeah I got some game-time in about 30 mins ago on the server too. Nice work on the map. I was personally lagging like there was a sakura out to headshot me, but I still had a lot of fun, and got a large number of screenshots.

I'll be posting them later.

Nice work Zorid.

#9 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 925 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

This time i tried taking screenies of the enemies you'll be facing on this map, and some other stuff aswell.
(Click images to go to image details and imediately click that image to enlarge).

*WARNING: images might contain spoilers for those who havent played the map yet*

Alright, here goes:
01) On the other side of this gate you see the pt (the yellow smokes). The Spawn is here aswell.
Posted Image

02) Behind the gate are some bots, two turrets, a buggy and a sam:
Posted Image

03) Here the earlier mentioned buggy + APC & GT:
Posted Image

04) The same buggy, but now u can see the arty on its right aswell:
Posted Image

05) If you go around the wall of the area shown in the previous two screenshots you see this (a couple of sams, GT's, bots and a light):
Posted Image

06) After that area when you go through only open doors you see two buggies, a apc, a GT and a helipad + bots:
Posted Image

07) The APC, GT and bots mentioned at 6:
Posted Image

08) After clearing all that and you go around corner you see another GT and a light + sams:
Posted Image

09) Inside the outer buildings: one of many MCT's you have to blow up.
Posted Image

10) A buggy in the courtyard of the main building:
Posted Image

11) One of two soon to be end-bosses (the other already died be4 i could take a screenie):
Posted Image

12) And finally: The Ped!
Posted Image

#10 Reckneya

Reckneya

I'm too sexy to die

• Administrators
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

The map has been played now several times, and it is a huge success.
We are together with St0rm server the only one to have M06 in the rotation.
Ours is unique also, because it was made here in Exodus by the old Renz0r team with Zorid being our main man.

The map is in the rotation now, but upgrades will be made to the map.
The upgrades said above about spawns of weapons and such, but also other things.
Our aim is to have a coop server that resembles the single player missions.
So we are going to build in the dialogs between Havoc, Lock and the EVA unit.
And probably some other sounds/dialogs found in single player. \
Also, Zorid is working on getting a boss on each map, but this is still in BETA phase.

In time our aim is to redo all Coop maps to meet up to what we think would make it the best Coop server.
We've discussed this a lot amongst the modding team, and we decided what the best elements are.
One thing we all agree on is that when an area is cleared, it stays cleared.
No more bots spawning there, it is illogical.
The same thing with destroying certain enemy structures.
In most current maps, destroying certain objects should be avoided as it will rain enemy reinforcements upon you.
In our view, destroying things should be rewarded, not punished.
People should be motivated to destroy enemy samsites and such, and not be motivated to try out what they
don't have to kill to complete a mission still.

Right now, we are the only coop server running the Coop 3.00 (originally created by Zunnie) with M02.mix in the rotation.
In the original version, this one was glitched, and the server would crash upon power plant destruction.
Zorid has fixed this, so this map is now in our rotation.

Second, we are the only coop server running Coop 3.00 with a fixed M03.mix in the rotation.
In the original the map mission was completed with base destruction, but Zunnie put a pedestal in the map.
So the intention was to have mission accomplished after Ion Cannon Beacon on the ped.
Zorid fixed this and now M03.mix is as it should have been, the way Zunnie intended it to be, but overlooked something.

Last, we are also the only Coop server running the Coop 3.00 with M06.mix, created by Zorid.

So I would say we are on our way to become the best Coop servers, and actual competition for St0rm! (which run a kick ass mod too).
The person who I would like to thank most is Zorid! You did an awesome job with those maps, and M06 is my favorite map atm.
Also, I would like to thank all MC who have helped with ideas and testing; TNais, Rekoil, Wolfhop, Battlemaster and Smeebrv.
And of course everyone else that has joined the game when we were playing it. :)
*Click my signature to go directly to my YouTube channel*
Posted Image

[23:34:11] [-SoH-]Osiris killed AC-C4Smoke (GDI Minigunner/Auto Rifle vs Nod Minigunner)
[23:34:24] AC-C4Smoke: soh using RGH hax with Armor hax
[23:34:28] AC-C4Smoke: noob server
[23:34:32] Player AC-C4Smoke left the game

#11 TNaismith

TNaismith

Nightmare

• Senior Moderators
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:26 AM

[Click Here: TNaismith's 2009 10-17 M06Coop Slideshow]

...And there is my collection of screenshots from testing M06 on the Coop server today. Was pretty fun and good to see how M06 will turn out now that it's in the Coop Server rotation. I love Coop-gameplay in Renegade. Beats AoW, Marathon, or any of those PvP modes in my opinion. (*Shivers* Too many jerks and egotistical players in PvP) ^^

Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow too to log on and play some more Coop. ^^

Might get around to making some new Coop banners/artwork using the screenshots I've gotten too. Could put it together for a M06-special advertisement or something hehe. = )

#12 Goztow

Goztow

Ultra violence

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

Just an idea: in SP, reinforcements stopped when you killed an officer. Could the same be done in coop? That would be a good way to keep cleared area's cleared.

#13 TNaismith

TNaismith

Nightmare

• Senior Moderators
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

From what I have been told (Since I once asked the exact same question), this is possible to script in Coop -- the exact same way SP does it. However, most of the Coop modding/improvements being used for some reason just haven't seen a usage for it. I myself don't know why -- but I do know that the result your suggesting to aim for (Keep areas cleared once finished) is being amended via several other means. The thing is that the entire Coop server map rotation (The entire package/mod made by Zunnie from MP-Gaming) was based on having many bots throughout the maps spawn limitlessly -- despite the area having been cleared. That will unfortunately stay that way until Zorid (Lead Coop Modder currently) gets around to re-making all the other missions for Coop.

In short, Zorid will actually be re-doing every single map for Coop. He will be improving on many things -- including the fact that areas in the current coop don't stay cleared once you've completed an objective. The release of M06 into the Coop server is only the early indication of the overall project that Zorid eventually aims to tackle.

So yes, the scripting technique to link reinforcement bot spawns being linked to the death/survival of an officer is apparently possible -- but for some reason it just isn't the main method being used currently (as far as I have been told). Zunnie didn't use it heavily, and I can't say too much about Zorid, because the only official release he has made is M06 (A map entirely made by himself). He is working on a ton of other Coop-related projects though, so I definitely hope we might find out why this scripting technique isn't being used. My guess is that it might be buggy somehow. I haven't heard anything much about this -- except that it is possible, but not widely used. St0rm's Extreme Coop server is an exception to this.

#14 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

Another update of M02 M03 and M08

Ok when i first fixed M02 there was still some things to fix, the trucks on the bridge just before the dam have now been fixed and are now destroyable. There was 1 tower at check 3 spawn area which was blocked via a laser wall and it never seemed to re move. I have re moved it from the map.

M03 has apart of the map that is never really used, this is where the submarien is. I have moved the ion spawn to this area in one of the 3 huts.

M08 you have to ion 3 peds to proceed down the big lift, on one of the peds players always seem to get stuck there because of that lift door on the floor. I have moved this ped away from the door and now players should not get stuck there. Also the check on this map seemed to teleport you to a place where most players would get lost and not know where to go. I have change where you are teleported to, now you will teleport to where the ion is.

My next job is to update m06 and get those bosses working correctly and ill be adding some new things.

Reguards
Zorid.

#15 TNaismith

TNaismith

Nightmare

• Senior Moderators
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

Those are awesome changes Zorid! Now we can properly use the PT at the usually locked Guard Tower on m02...and we finally can get an overall feel for the map in M03 by actually having to finish the map by ioning the ped in one of the 3 huts. (Is it the same hut every time I guess?) Lastly, now the 3 Ion Peds in M08 work together in sync. It'll be much better now knowing you don't have to die for the team beaconing those peds haha...unless your going lonewolf with no support. = )

Great work, I've got usual stress of post-secondary mid-terms and papers etc to keep my busy, but I'll find time to log on a fair bit and see these new changes. =D

Also, adding on to what Reckneya said -- there is a lot of awesome work that has happened in just the last month or two for the Coop Server. It has been a very core team effort all around, with Zorid and Reckneya being the spearhead go-to people for much of the actual changes to the Coop server itself. St0rm's Extreme Coop server is by far one of the most well developed Coop servers ever, but I do think that with the people we've got here in the Exodus Community (As well as the crew from Renz0r and [MC] Clan), we stand a pretty good chance at upgrading the Coop server to something previously under-estimated.

Haha...I'm getting so inspired by this I have the urge to head into Photoshop CS2 to make some Coop-related banners or userbars...keep up the great work guys.

#16 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 925 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Another update of M02 M03 and M08

Ok when i first fixed M02 there was still some things to fix, the trucks on the bridge just before the dam have now been fixed and are now destroyable. There was 1 tower at check 3 spawn area which was blocked via a laser wall and it never seemed to re move. I have re moved it from the map.

Lol i never even noticed that of the tower :P
I have however noticed you get shitloads of points on this map. I was ingame on m2 (yesterday i think) and nobody joined so i finished it by myself. And at the end of the game i had like 110.000 points! Thats quite much imo. So i was wondering if theres a way of reducing points given to things?

M03 has apart of the map that is never really used, this is where the submarien is. I have moved the ion spawn to this area in one of the 3 huts.

Hmmm... this can become interesting :D

M08 you have to ion 3 peds to proceed down the big lift, on one of the peds players always seem to get stuck there because of that lift door on the floor. I have moved this ped away from the door and now players should not get stuck there. Also the check on this map seemed to teleport you to a place where most players would get lost and not know where to go. I have change where you are teleported to, now you will teleport to where the ion is.

I dont know when m08 was updated or is being updated, but i havent been stuck on it for several days now. So i have been wondering whether it was fixed or it was because of a different angle of approach (i jumped on the ped from the sides instead of the front).

My next job is to update m06 and get those bosses working correctly and ill be adding some new things.

Reguards
Zorid

Already looking forward to a boss beatdown :P

Great work zorid :D

#17 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

wow ye thats abit much for score really i can change this yes, tell me what you think they should be on.
Example killing pp=2000 score hnd= 1500 ect and ill set them.

But the maps will change when ive re done them anyway and you wont get that much score.

#18 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 925 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

wow ye thats abit much for score really i can change this yes, tell me what you think they should be on.

But the maps will change when ive re done them anyway and you wont get that much score.

I noticed the sams give away alot of points; both the big (gives like 200-300 points a hit) & the normal (100-175 points). And since theres lots of sams in m2, the most of such a score is probaly the sams work. So i'd say make the normal sams like 20 points a hit and the big ones 50 points.
And the sams on m3 also give the same amount of points btw.

Hon seems to give normal score, so does air & silos. PP & obi however also give away much points (they give a couple a hundreds of points per hit).
So for pp perhaps 2000 total & obi 1500 total.

If its to much work you can leave it like it is, as you said maps will be remade anyway.

#19 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

I noticed the sams give away alot of points; both the big (gives like 200-300 points a hit) & the normal (100-175 points). And since theres lots of sams in m2, the most of such a score is probaly the sams work. So i'd say make the normal sams like 20 points a hit and the big ones 50 points.
And the sams on m3 also give the same amount of points btw.

Hon seems to give normal score, so does air & silos. PP & obi however also give away much points (they give a couple a hundreds of points per hit).
So for pp perhaps 2000 total & obi 1500 total.

If its to much work you can leave it like it is, as you said maps will be remade anyway.

Its not a prob to change, it shouldnt take me more than 10 mins :) but again with that score wow, i had know idea it was givin that score per shot, i never looked at score when testing lol, all i was bothered about was getting them strong and destroyable again. i think it is best to just change them as that is too much i think and it will be awhile before that map is re done.

#20 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hey guys,

M02 and M03 points are now fixed.

I have now finished m06 for now i want to see what you all think of bosses ect but i think they are done.

Im going to work on M07 now i can update m06 later if it needs it?

Reguards
Zorid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users