#1 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

Considering some idiot has deleted that subsection on Renforums, i'll post it here. I'm not great at explaining things, but here goes.

The tournament could be done as follows, It would be a league, every community plays each other twice, so they get their own server adavantage once(i.e home advantage).

There will be only one deadline, for when ALL matches should be complete, leaving the communities to organise matches to suit each other without pressure to pass deadlines.

Then, when the final deadline has passed, First plays second in a series of five to determine the winner. Third plays fourth to determine third place.

Only an idea, we could split it into two leagues and have the winners from both play to determines the winner of the overall tournament, but then that leaves the problem of who plays in which league.

This is just to get the ball rolling as such, develop on the idea from here as it has huge holes in it.

If there is to be another RGCT, it needs to be starting EARLY SUMMER.
Posted Image

#2 OniZuka

OniZuka

Negredo

• Renegade Moderators
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:29 AM

I see like East vs. West

Not bad of an idea, as for the which team plays on what side I suppose we could just draw straws. B)
Posted Image

#3 Dave2916

Dave2916

Sex me plenty

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
    Behind Prulez While Feeding Raven Crispy Grapes

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:48 AM

Need to think about communities who don't have a server in regards to home advantages.

I would also suggest both sides play GDI and NOD for added fairness.
Menisbad
Sory Pipel it Sucks IM NOT SELDA
woot is the problem
i am Bandet from DaDuke

Posted Image

#4 Reaver11

Reaver11

Living the Dutch Dream

• Administrators
  • 922 posts
  • Steam:
    reaver11

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

The RGCT is not deleted from Renegadeforums.
They have hidden the section until a new RGCT is issued.

But yes I agree there should come a new tournament.
Posted Image

#5 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

Need to think about communities who don't have a server in regards to home advantages.

I would also suggest both sides play GDI and NOD for added fairness.

With that, They could at least choose the server they want to play in? It might not be a full home advantage, but close enough.

I was thinking that too. Because some maps are unbalanced, it would even things out somewhat.

With regards to winning matches, the old style either BD or most poinsseems fair enough to me...?

More input people...if we can come up with a tournament which is virtually flawless...then i'll look into getting it off the ground..
Posted Image

#6 Kad

Kad

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

Tiesto How were you wanting to start it off? Round Robin(group stage) or straight to the bracket? Give me some numbers and i'll help in any way I can as far as Setup goes.
Posted Image

#7 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

I was thinkin one league with like a final between 1st vs 2nd.

Of if there is enough numbers...two leagues with 1st vs 1st and 2nd vs 2nd to determine 1,2,3,4
Posted Image

#8 Volcom

Volcom

SeXiesT PlayeR

• Renegade Moderators
  • 931 posts
  • Steam:
    Volcom_Ren

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

As long as we get to rape n00bstories.
Posted Image

#9 RadioactiveHell

RadioactiveHell

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

Dont think the "home advantage" really matters to most ppl tbh. Switching servers makes this a lot more complicated than it needs to be, see Exodus v. n00bles game (LOL).

I would also suggest that all games be played f2f style. More games = more fun.
Posted Image

#10 Dave2916

Dave2916

Sex me plenty

• Members
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

I would suggest that Exodus look to host the event, rather than on the Renegade forums. If successful our credibility would go way up. I also feel that the organisation of the last event was poor.
Menisbad
woot is the problem
i am Bandet from DaDuke

Posted Image

#11 Kad

Kad

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

How many people per team?
How many teams per community?
How many games per match?
What Maps will be played?
Any special rules aside from the normal ones?
Points fix?
Posted Image

#12 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

Dont think the "home advantage" really matters to most ppl tbh. Switching servers makes this a lot more complicated than it needs to be, see Exodus v. n00bles game (LOL).

I would also suggest that all games be played f2f style. More games = more fun.

Each match is like what..3 maps? both sides? I don't think you get the home server thing.

Its like some communities are european and some are US. so for one match it will be on a server which is probably european and then the next time they play they would probably play on a US server. Thats better then, so the BS about servers can be cut down.

And Trojan it depends if they submit a team.

I would suggest that Exodus look to host the event, rather than on the Renegade forums. If successful our credibility would go way up. I also feel that the organisation of the last event was poor.

Providing everyone is ok with this, and the Admins would like it. I will do.
Posted Image

#13 RadioactiveHell

RadioactiveHell

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

This. I'll be happy to help, if needed.
Posted Image

#14 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

How many people per team? 10-15 players
How many teams per community? however manay they like, but the player can ONLY PLAY FOR ONE TEAM.
How many games per match? 5
What Maps will be played? all the standard ones, plus probably mesa2 and hourglass2 (to be set by the team with home advantage?)
Any special rules aside from the normal ones? None, just the standard cw rules.
Points fix? I'm not sure about this, Something to be set on match basis?

I'm sure you have an idea in your head, but might as well get it put down here.

Posted Image

#15 Majid123

Majid123

Ultra violence

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

that would be a good idea hope it works out though..Would be better if there were more communities!

#16 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

that would be a good idea hope it works out though..Would be better if there were more communities!

Well i'm not sure if i'm going to limit it to one team per community yet. Because jelly could have like 4 teams easily.
Posted Image

#17 RadioactiveHell

RadioactiveHell

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

With regard to pointsfix, I'd say let the community leaders decide with each getting one vote.
Posted Image

#18 newguy

newguy

worst mod

• Forum Moderator
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:49 AM

In regards to Exodus hosting it, I support it but I think a couple, smaller practice runs would be necessary first. Maybe get a couple communities and ours for a mini-tourney or two which will help iron out any organizational kinks. You can also then test different tournament styles (Round Robin, etc) and see what everyone prefers, and which is easiest to manage.

This way, you'll be rehearsed in organizational duties, and you'll know who's good for helping to organize. Plus, if you do the 'practices' successfully, you're more likely to get broader community support because everyone will see that you know your shit.
Posted Image

#19 Dave2916

Dave2916

Sex me plenty

• Members
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

In regards to Exodus hosting it, I support it but I think a couple, smaller practice runs would be necessary first. Maybe get a couple communities and ours for a mini-tourney or two which will help iron out any organizational kinks. You can also then test different tournament styles (Round Robin, etc) and see what everyone prefers, and which is easiest to manage.

This way, you'll be rehearsed in organizational duties, and you'll know who's good for helping to organize. Plus, if you do the 'practices' successfully, you're more likely to get broader community support because everyone will see that you know your shit.

Agreed.
Menisbad
woot is the problem
i am Bandet from DaDuke

Posted Image

#20 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

That's a good idea, i'll look into it. It would be the next step on our Intrawars. I do believe Jelly has something similar running?

Also, like Reaver said, the RGCT section is hidden from public view, and as far as i gather, there is some work on the next one behind the scenes, me and Flamin are going to nail TD next time we catch him so we get it going.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users