33 replies to this topic

#21 Dave2916

Dave2916

Sex me plenty

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
    Behind Prulez While Feeding Raven Crispy Grapes

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

That's a good idea, i'll look into it. It would be the next step on our Intrawars. I do believe Jelly has something similar running?

Also, like Reaver said, the RGCT section is hidden from public view, and as far as i gather, there is some work on the next one behind the scenes, me and Flamin are going to nail TD next time we catch him so we get it going.

I'd like to nail you.
Menisbad
Sory Pipel it Sucks IM NOT SELDA
woot is the problem
i am Bandet from DaDuke

Posted Image

#22 RadioactiveHell

RadioactiveHell

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:34 PM

That's a good idea, i'll look into it. It would be the next step on our Intrawars. I do believe Jelly has something similar running?

Also, like Reaver said, the RGCT section is hidden from public view, and as far as i gather, there is some work on the next one behind the scenes, me and Flamin are going to nail TD next time we catch him so we get it going.

If you are referring to the community wars section of renforums, I have access to that. Basically, its strategy for the renforums v. jelly game comming up. As far as I know, there is no work being done on the second RGCT yet.
Posted Image

#23 Hypnos

Hypnos

I'm too young to die

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

I'm all for helping you with this Mr.Tee
Posted Image
Posted Image

I am the Community War Whore.

#24 FlaminGnz

FlaminGnz

I'm too young to die

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

Radio we dont mean the same thing. there is a private forum specifically for the rgct. With those involved in organising the last one

Ive asked Goztow about what role we could take in this, and we will continue to talk to Gozy as well as TD and Mr.Mom about possibly gaining access to their fourm or at least helping them. More information will come up tho when we do get the chance to talk with TD

Thankyou very much Hyp, when me or tee do get the chance to talk with TD, our plan is to offer our communities leadership team (namely us 3)to help with various organisational tasks. Will certainly keep you updated from irc :) and more info will come later to the public im sure
Exodus Gaming Community Senior Moderator
Exodus Gaming Community Wars Co-Leader
Exodus Gaming Community Forum Moderator
Lummy hides out in my Bummy and sometimes it itches

#25 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:44 AM

I'd like to nail you.

All in good time my love.
Posted Image

#26 newguy

newguy

worst mod

• Forum Moderator
  • 699 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

Another thing worth doing is considering possible prizes, or a variety of them.

One idea I had was at the end of the tournament for every community to submit a player who they feel played the best, helped them out the most or just shone in a certain way, and reward each with a token.

Plus, if you plan for them, you may end up getting larger prizes, or better ones which will help gain more participation. In regards to this, it'd be worth figuring out what the community here, and the entire Ren community would want for awards, be it headsets, gift cards, or whatever.
Posted Image

#27 Goztow

Goztow

Ultra violence

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

Considering some idiot has deleted that subsection on Renforums

That would be me! That forum was supposed to only stay for the duration of the event.

About organizing on renforums or not: I'm convinced such a big event can only be successful if it gets support from (almost) all communities. The best way to do this is to organize it independent of one community. Just how many communities would have joined RGCT if clanwars.cc had organized it?

I'm also convinced that efforts should be put together. If exodus organizes a tourney, it isn't said that TD and Mr. Mom won't repeat their, splitting up the participating communities again. So it seems like a good idea to contact TD and Mr Mom to work things out with them.

I've read some very good ideas in here. The home advantage should be implemented, but maybe just by having an official US and an official EURO based server and the "home team" can choose on which one they play. Not putting deadlines forward seems dangerous to me, but the deadlines could be more or less flexible. I also like the idea of some mini tourneys, to "warm up" :P.

I can however grant access to the old RGCT forum to one or two of you and to TD and Mr Mom if you'd like to discuss details in there, rather than via PM. But I'd first like to be sure that TD and Mr Mom are OK to go along with you guys. If someone could confirm this to me?

#28 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

That would be me! That forum was supposed to only stay for the duration of the event.

About organizing on renforums or not: I'm convinced such a big event can only be successful if it gets support from (almost) all communities. The best way to do this is to organize it independent of one community. Just how many communities would have joined RGCT if clanwars.cc had organized it?

I'm also convinced that efforts should be put together. If exodus organizes a tourney, it isn't said that TD and Mr. Mom won't repeat their, splitting up the participating communities again. So it seems like a good idea to contact TD and Mr Mom to work things out with them.

I've read some very good ideas in here. The home advantage should be implemented, but maybe just by having an official US and an official EURO based server and the "home team" can choose on which one they play. Not putting deadlines forward seems dangerous to me, but the deadlines could be more or less flexible. I also like the idea of some mini tourneys, to "warm up" :P .

I can however grant access to the old RGCT forum to one or two of you and to TD and Mr Mom if you'd like to discuss details in there, rather than via PM. But I'd first like to be sure that TD and Mr Mom are OK to go along with you guys. If someone could confirm this to me?

I don't think Mr Mom is particulary around. But Flamin has spoke to TD.

The reasoning behind only having one deadline is the communities are free to organise the matches to when it suits them, so we get rid of the silly 4v4s and that crap. They could play four communities in one week for all i care. The is one deadline, the end of the season. That is the cut off point unless in exceptional circumstances.

Maybe having two servers would be okay. I suppose then i'll be able to enforce rules on players easier. Because there were players playing for more than community on the last one, i want to make sure than doesn't happen and if it does reasonable punishments occur.

With regards to the league standings, i was thinking 2 points for win. And also a bonus point for winning your three maps by BD(Base Destruction). I think it will encourage teams to go for it if they can, instead of sitting outside the base, whoring.
Posted Image

#29 FlaminGnz

FlaminGnz

I'm too young to die

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

I have had a quick word with TD, however our timezones means that he had to leave as i come on

He clearly stated to me that he personally had not thought about organising another one. I know Myself, tiesto ans hypnos are quite active, maybe more so than TD and .Mom. I will most certianly ask TD again when i see him next, but i really think we would be commited to the project.

I would love for the Exodus comm team to manage the setup in conjuction with Gozy, TD... if they were interested

Goz can you maybe give us 3 (sgipo=Flamingunz) access to the rgct section on renforums. Depending on what TD would say i would likely setup a private section on these forums, as i know there are several members keen to help out. I also agree that renforums are a sort of central point, i guess that can be worked out when we have more details about the tourney organising team
Exodus Gaming Community Senior Moderator
Exodus Gaming Community Wars Co-Leader
Exodus Gaming Community Forum Moderator
Lummy hides out in my Bummy and sometimes it itches

#30 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:42 PM

It will ideal if we can get the format ironed out by say early march?, then we can get teams signed up ready for the summer( End of may/june?)

Then in my mind that will leave a good 2&1/2 months to complete the season. Leaving the last half of august to compete for the prizes. We could start even earlier. Because say if 10 teams signed up, that would mean 18 matches for each team.

I really think we can make an even bigger success of this one. I've already began to think about prizes.

Ideally, Goztow it would be nice if we could have a section where we could talk to the main people of each community (i.e Gozy of Koss2, Hex of n00bless, or the prospective team leaders of the community) so we can make this tournament as smooth as possible.
Posted Image

#31 Volcom

Volcom

SeXiesT PlayeR

• Renegade Moderators
  • 931 posts
  • Steam:
    Volcom_Ren

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:13 PM

I've read some very good ideas in here. The home advantage should be implemented, but maybe just by having an official US and an official EURO based server and the "home team" can choose on which one they play. Not putting deadlines forward seems dangerous to me, but the deadlines could be more or less flexible. I also like the idea of some mini tourneys, to "warm up" :P .

I don't think Mr Mom is particulary around. But Flamin has spoke to TD.

The reasoning behind only having one deadline is the communities are free to organise the matches to when it suits them, so we get rid of the silly 4v4s and that crap. They could play four communities in one week for all i care. The is one deadline, the end of the season. That is the cut off point unless in exceptional circumstances.

Maybe having two servers would be okay. I suppose then i'll be able to enforce rules on players easier. Because there were players playing for more than community on the last one, i want to make sure than doesn't happen and if it does reasonable punishments occur.

With regards to the league standings, i was thinking 2 points for win. And also a bonus point for winning your three maps by BD(Base Destruction). I think it will encourage teams to go for it if they can, instead of sitting outside the base, whoring.

I think Base Destruction is far more important then winning the map. There should be a much bigger bonus for base destruction.
Posted Image

#32 Goztow

Goztow

Ultra violence

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:17 PM

It will ideal if we can get the format ironed out by say early march?, then we can get teams signed up ready for the summer( End of may/june?)

Then in my mind that will leave a good 2&1/2 months to complete the season. Leaving the last half of august to compete for the prizes. We could start even earlier. Because say if 10 teams signed up, that would mean 18 matches for each team.

I really think we can make an even bigger success of this one. I've already began to think about prizes.

Ideally, Goztow it would be nice if we could have a section where we could talk to the main people of each community (i.e Gozy of Koss2, Hex of n00bless, or the prospective team leaders of the community) so we can make this tournament as smooth as possible.

Server owners subforum, tbh... You are owning a server, no?

#33 TieSTo

TieSTo

English and Proud <3

• Senior Moderators
  • 1,693 posts
  • Steam:
    TieSTo

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

Server owners subforum, tbh... You are owning a server, no?

I'm only a mod here, but i'll talk there if you like.
Posted Image

#34 Dreptile

Dreptile

I'm too young to die

• Renegade Moderators
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:32 AM

If I'm around I'd help and play. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users