You might have noticed that my STEAM Status is displayed by all my posts. You can do this aswell!
Here's what you have to do in order to enable it:
1) Download the STEAM ID Finder tool.
SteamID Finder.exe 48KB 20 downloads
I can confirm it does NOT contain any viruses, spyware, adware or anything else.
2) Run the STEAM ID Finder. You should get something similar to this:
SteamID Found.png 27.08KB 10 downloads
3) Click your STEAM ID and click the "Copy to Clipboard" button.
(There's one ID per account. If you use multiple accounts on your PC, then select the one you would like to show. This is displayed in the text above ("prulez has STEAM_0:0:23424032"))
4) Go to the forums. In the upper right corner, click your name and go to "My Settings"
My Settings.png 10.32KB 15 downloads
5) Click the Profile tab and then scroll down until you see the "STEAM ID" field.
Settings.png 54.76KB 11 downloads
6) Paste your STEAM ID in this field (CTRL+V).
7) Your STEAM Status should now be showing by all your posts!
2 extra things I want to mention:
- If you want to display your STEAM Status inside your post, you can use the new BBCode.
It will result in this:
- You can't enter your STEAM ID when you register on the forums. I can see a lot of new people who haven't read this post mixing up "STEAM Name" and "STEAM ID". I actually guess a lot of you didn't know the term before this post.