Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:18 PM
Listen and relax with the sounds of Exodus Radio!
I need to write/seek a detailed guide for the Radio Station, however for the time being you can tune in and listen to the radio 24/7, simply by using the links at the top of the page.
What do the icons mean?
- use this one if you have Windows Media Player installed. The player will launch and tune you in automatically.
- this is a link to a PLS file, which is typically played by VLC player, Winamp and iTunes. If you want to use any of these players then click the Winamp icon!
Finally- what if I cannot see the icons? - Refresh your browser by pressing CTRL and F5 at the same time.
The radio station also features an automated request system that can be used by you! You can request and search the current library of over 5,000 tracks from within IRC or from inside Renegade! More info on that to follow.....stay tuned!
All credit to Prulez and gkl21 for the technicals!
Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:45 PM
Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:59 PM
This is what makes ExodusRadio different then other radio stations. You are able to request your own songs to be played! The bot is in the #Exodus channel.
What? What bot? How does it work?
- We have a music folder of more then 5000 songs. This is huge. After some time, I will give some people FTP access to the Music folder, so they can upload more music.
- The bot can (on command) create a playlist file for this which is recognized and played by the music player on the server.
- When there are no requests, it will randomly play songs from this playlist file.
- When you have a request, it will search for a match in the 5000 songs. If there are none, it will give an error. If there is one, it will put it in the request list. If there are multiple matches, it will give the first 10 (So if you match all 5000 songs, it won't flood the server to death)
- The requests will be played according to the list (first come, first serve). You can have up to 5 requests in the list, though the request list as a whole has no limit, so others can keep on requesting.
- A song can't be in the request list twice.
- When the request list is empty again, it will switch back to the full playlist.
Wow, cool! But.. how do I use it?
Here is the command list (You always have the commands of the statuses below you):
People without status
!help - Show all available commands
!s <Partial song name> - Search for songs without requesting.
!search <Partial song name> - Same as !s.
!req <Partial song name> - Request a song.
!req list <Partial song name> - Show the Request List.
!request <Partial song name> - Same as !req.
!song - Display the current song that is being played.
!listeners - Show the current listeners. (If they are not cloaked, their address will show. Cloaking will be explained later.)
!radio - Show the current song and listeners.
!uptime - Show the bot uptime.
!version - Show the current version of the Bot.
People with voice (+)
!cloak <address> <name>
When a user is not cloaked and tuned in, their address will show. This is not interesting to see, so we've put in cloaking. So this:
(&ExodusRadio) [Radio] Listeners: ALMEL1.OV.HOME.NL
Will change to this:
(&ExodusRadio) [Radio] Listeners: Prulez
By typing this:
!cloak ALMEL1.OV.HOME.NL Prulez
People with halfop (%)
!djreqdel <number> - Delete a song from the request list (For example, someone spamming Aqua - Barbie Girl)
!djskip - Skip the current song
I have got questions/I have spotted a bug/This sucks/This rocks! Where do I leave my feedback?
Right in this thread, or hit me up on IRC (Prulez)
How do I tune in?
Scroll up to the first post
- theta123 likes this
Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:39 PM
Nixon, it's just f5 to refresh page.
Prulez please add me to that list of people to gain access to the ftp, I've already noticed you don't seem to have ANY icp on there and I've have them plus tons of other songs (8 gigs total ) and would love to add songs to the list.
Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:08 PM
I am the Community War Whore.
Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:02 AM
btw i am listening to a whole bunch of songs ive never heard of and its great tyvm prulez
Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:05 AM
Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:28 AM
Ssssh, not everyone has to know about the "fun" we had
I had fun with you and lildanny today
Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:38 PM
Nixon, it's just f5 to refresh page.
Nope, F5 will refresh your GET, but won't refresh your cache (which needs to be cleared to refresh the CSS, graphics etc.).
Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:02 PM
chat seems to be a lot of fun
Exodus Gaming Community Wars Co-Leader
Exodus Gaming Community Forum Moderator
Lummy hides out in my Bummy and sometimes it itches
Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:56 AM
Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:22 AM
Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:07 AM
Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:54 AM
depends on the music in what country where it was uploaded and oh yes how it is accessed and by what country if the music all legally but its played in other countries your concern should be why dont you live in a place less likely sue you for peeing i know me personally i have every album of every song i have but that doesnt mean some guy couldnt hack it of me and bam he now has it too.. and how do you stop him wheres the laws for that...and oh yes whyll im at it tell the goverment to give me back my midgets.. ive completely unable to remove cobwebs under my sink yo...
just curious but is broadcasting this music even legal for you guys?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users