• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 tundra

tundra

Nightmare

• Assault Cube Moderators
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:36 AM

Alright well that is good! =D I just use the same Nick in game! and Btw can you talk to players while in IRC while they are playing assault cube but you aren't? does that make sense? lol
!bo0m $h@ckA L@ckA!

#22 Monas

Monas

I'm too young to die

• 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

I want to apply to moderate Exodus servers,not to be fooling around as admin,just to be able to get complete IP's of hackers.

#23 tundra

tundra

Nightmare

• 581 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:07 AM

If you want to apply to be a Assault Cube moderator Send a Personal Message to Cunin and he will let you know if there is a position open or not....
!bo0m $h@ckA L@ckA!

#24 Cunin

Cunin

:U

• Administrators
  • 2,614 posts
  • Steam:
    Cunin

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

Alright well that is good! =D I just use the same Nick in game! and Btw can you talk to players while in IRC while they are playing assault cube but you aren't? does that make sense? lol

Yes it does make sense and in fact it's what it does. One of the reasons for it to exist is to have a good degree of interaction with the server without the need to join it, so you can do lots of things from IRC. Send a message for all players to see, kick, tempban, add an IP to blacklist, look up players IPs and so on.

I want to apply to moderate Exodus servers,not to be fooling around as admin,just to be able to get complete IP's of hackers.

Please let me know what's your usual in-game nick and we'll keep an eye on you. For security reasons we don't give the admin status to everyone unless we know that person, and the only way for us to know you is to see you playing and be active on our community. If we think you look like a trusted person then we'll give you a chance :)

#25 tundra

tundra

Nightmare

• 581 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

how do you send a message to all players while in IRC?

yup yup pretty much how it is exactly what CUNIN said! =D
!bo0m $h@ckA L@ckA!

#26 Cunin

Cunin

• Administrators
  • 2,614 posts
  • Steam:
    Cunin

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

it's all in the AssaultCube moderators section of the forums ;)
http://www.exoduscom...ation-commands/

#27 tundra

tundra

Nightmare

• 581 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

thats right thanks dude! =D
!bo0m $h@ckA L@ckA!

#28 Monas

Monas

I'm too young to die

• 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

Oh I made another post about that sorry,here it is...
I'm Monas|SK| leader of |SK| clan (Sniping Killers) I've been playing AC since the .93 version was released (almost 2 years) I'm known in AC community,I applied for server pwd in FD* server,which i was accepted,I'm doing the same in Hi-skill servers (the main servers of AC) i'm about to get an answer,and i'm doing it for exodus servers,every hacker I found i report to AC forums,unfortunately i just get half ip so i would like to get full to report and ban and in case of dynamic ip make a rangeban.

#29 tundra

tundra

Nightmare

• 581 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

Read my other post that I made and then read the one Cunin wrote....
!bo0m $h@ckA L@ckA!

#30 Monas

Monas

I'm too young to die

• 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

ok,just 1 more thing,today i'm blacklisted in Exodus servers... can i have a deban pass? mexican ip is likely brazilian so in rangeban i'm always bl..

#31 grant89uk

grant89uk

• Renegade Moderators
  • 632 posts
  • Steam:
    grant_rfc

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

PM cunin.

He is the one who will be able to add the exemption for you.
Posted Image

#32 Cunin

Cunin

• Administrators
  • 2,614 posts
  • Steam:
    Cunin

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:20 PM

ah that sucks, I'll try to see if I can only ban the brazilian players from the 187.x.x.x range while keeping mexico out, in the meanwhile I'll send you a pass to join our server

#33 tundra

tundra

Nightmare

• 581 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

yup yup sounds good! =D
!bo0m $h@ckA L@ckA!

#34 Monas

Monas

I'm too young to die

• 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

btw thx for the deban :) i'll try to keep out hackers of exodus if i can ;)

#35 tundra

tundra

Nightmare

• 581 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

yah I will be on exodus alot also so see you in game! =D and no prob =D
!bo0m $h@ckA L@ckA!

#36 Lage

Lage

Hey, not too rough!

• 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Well hello people, I'm Viktor Champion and I'm a Brazilian player, just so you know.

I kinda agree with that ranged ban, and I don't really care if my IP gets in range because I don't play AC anymore, just keeping an eye on the servers from IRC. Well, I'll do what I can to keep an eye there as much as I can, although League of Legends, Minecraft and real life subjects may take some of my time.

However, banning an entire or just half a country because many cheaters come from there doesn't really solve the problem - there are many people from Brazil that are legit and good players. I know Brazil is one most common source of cheaters and that I understand this reaction coming from you guys, but try to get some more Brazilian IPs to see if you don't need a wildcard on the second octet, so you could ban for instance, 187.89.*.* - it was one of the most common IPs I got when I had dynamic IP.

I'll get more into the subject to see if I can do something to help in this situation, see ya around.

Also note I'm serious most of the time, but I also have a sense of humor... Wonder why people don't like me --- And don't you dare saying it's because I'm Brazilian or I'll just cut you down with my gold knife!!! :chainsaw: (Wait that's a chainsaw...)
Posted Image

Well there you have it, she's one of my favorite champions from League of Legends - Irelia.

#37 Cunin

Cunin

• Administrators
  • 2,614 posts
  • Steam:
    Cunin

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

This is an old thread, the range ban is not in effect anymore since 1.1 was released. When we upgraded to 1.1 I removed all range bans.
This happened in the last months of 1.0.4 life, as cheating there was so much easier.

So all brazilian players are now free to play :)

#38 Lage

Lage

Hey, not too rough!

• 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hmm... I see, but only wonder why it isn't closed or warned that it's old... Well, I'll just keep watch over servers in that case.
Posted Image

Well there you have it, she's one of my favorite champions from League of Legends - Irelia.

#39 Cunin

Cunin

• Administrators
  • 2,614 posts
  • Steam:
    Cunin

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

ah we don't like closing threads, and I totally forgot that this existed when I removed the range ban :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users