Photo

tutorial requests/ help requests for problems etc.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

Post here any requests for tutorials or ask for help with problems your having with modding.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A problem I havent been able to solve, and which I've been trying to solve for a long time now:

Having an GDI Engineer repair you, when your on GDI as well. Zorid told me to look for an 'Hunt The Player' script. I found it (M01_Hunt_The_Player_JDG) and attached it to the engineer. Now it will follow me, but it will still not repair.

Does anyone know how to get him (GDI engineer) to repair you (also GDI)?
Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

Does anyone know how to get him (GDI engineer) to repair you (also GDI)?

This was solved by zorid (post is lost): use the script m03_goto_star

#3 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

Since the post is lost I'll ask again: How do you make a zone that gives a message in the public chat only once.
This was already answered, but I've forgot the necessary scripts.

#4 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

Since the post is lost I'll ask again: How do you make a zone that gives a message in the public chat only once.
This was already answered, but I've forgot the necessary scripts.

This is how i do this but im sure there are other ways too.
For this you need your zone and a daves arrow.

=====
Zone
=====

JFW_MSG_Zone = Add your msg on its settings.

TDA_Send_Custom_Zone = Send custom to the daves arrow.

============
Daves arrow
============

JFW_Custom_Destroy_Object = Add the zone's ID.

-------------

#5 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Guess i can post it here.

There's a problem i have there on a map i made, when i host it on my FDS the Purchase Terminals aren't working at all ( it let's me enter the Menu but everytime i try to buy anything it says "This item is not presently in stock" )
However, if i play the map Clientside via LAN mode, everything works just fine Oo

Now, i didn't make any specific changes or different stuff than from any maps i have been working on before and i never had this kind of problem ( or rather, similiar problems but i could fix them on my own lol )
I gone over the presets tree, checking the Purchase settings but there is nothing abnormal.
I made changes on it just to test ( like removing stuff completely or changing prices or even replacing stuff with different presets )
and changes were visible.. still doesn't let me buy the stuff though xD

I also noticed, that the Big Gun ( the ones from M03 ) doesn't show up when playing on the FDS while it shows up if i play it via Client LAN mode.
Just weird lol

BANANA!
Posted Image

#6 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

the latest addition to LE acting up on me:
Whenever I now start LE it gives a preset error message saying MessageZone (a temp of a script zone) is wrongly linked to GDI_minigunner_0 (GDI soldier preset). Having no knowledge of ever linking this I checked it out and noticed the temp of the Message zone was now both in the script zone where it should be AND under the soldier preset as well. Other than giving the error LE booted up just fine.

So my question is: is it possible to unlink it? I tried just deleting the temp that shows up in the gdi soldier preset, but when I do that the one in the script zone vanishes instead and the one in the gdi soldier preset stays and seems to be un-deletable.
Also, if this cannot be fixed, can it be ignored? I do have a backup of my LE folder from earlier on, but I'd rather not go back to it because that would mean I would have to redo half of my n4 map. Which is alot of work I'm really not in the mood for to redo again.

The weird thing is LE was fine yesterday, and today when I booted it up it gave me this error...

#7 zunnie

zunnie

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Steam:
    MPFzunnie

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

There is no way to fix that error :/
It happens when you MOVE the temps20.ddb file on your harddrive lol. seriously..
Or when you delete it, then replace it with a map.ddb (renamed to temps20.ddb).. Leveledit fucks it up then usually :S
Only solution is to keep your temps20.ddb intact in your editor presets folder and never-ever move or delete it lol :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users