Anyway, if you wonder what is this, read this thread: http://www.exoduscom...y-bot-outdated/
as I don't want to write everything again />
Note that some information might be outdated.
You can find a list of changes and instructions on how to run it inside the zip file.
- Because I'm kinda noob at C/C++, the changes I made to the server sources adds some instability to it, meaning that it will crash anytime (Updated: the crashes has been fixed now, just update to the latest beta through "!updatebeta NOW" from IRC). That's not happening as often as it sounds, as sometimes I've seen our servers run for weeks without problems, but it can happen anytime really. I think I know why it does that, but just don't have the time and/or experience to fix it. Anyway, the bot automatically restarts it in case of a crash.
- If you are using the old version I posted in that other thread and want to update, please don't use the !update feature. I've made too many changes so your server would not be working after an automatic update. Nothing big, though, just read the included instructions and you should be ready to go in minutes, through a manual update.
- If I sent you the bot privately in the last year or so, you might want to do an "!updatebeta NOW" to update it to latest build.
- Although you shouldn't need to make any changes to your server config (except the ones noted in the help file), some people reported that the bot isn't working well if you use a configuration in a cfg file. You just need to "convert" it to a command-line version and all should work fine.
Because it seems like some people have problems with the included help file in .chm format, I have converted it into a single html file that you can read with any web browser. I've attached it to this post, so download that if you can't open chm files.
Changes since version 0.3:
- Now server executable is built-in in the bot executable. This allows for:
--- Starting and stopping of server is handled by the bot
--- If server crashes the bot detects it and automatically restarts it
--- logfile reading is more precise now, as it always checks for end-of-line
- Now only RCON port is needed as IP is always used as 127.0.0.1
- Changed most thread messages from logline() to printf() in ac_server.exe to increase stability
- Changed some RCON debug messages to be more explicative and added others in ac_server.exe
- Added option to save logfile
- Added option to set up server commandline
- Added option to show console output
- Improved GUI log:
--- Now log lines specifies time
--- Now the log window automatically scrolls
- Added !kickban command, to !tempban and !banip with one command
- Added !restartserver command
- Now date is automatically added to ban reason
- Fixed temp-ban message with nicks that starts with a number
- Removed logfile stuff (GUI elements, settings)
- Added support for AC 1.1
- Various other small fixes
- Made a CHM guide instead of a .txt file.
- Added !tempban
- Added Host Messages system (Advertising)
- Changed the way the RCON command "msg" is sent, so now it supports any kind of message
- Added RCON support
- Added !msg command
- Added !kick command
- Now all join events collects clientID too
- Now disconnect events are based on clientID
- Now !pl shows ID instead of IP
- Now !pi shows ID too
- Added errorlog filename, forgot to add that in other versions. it wouldnt be able to log crashes without that
- Added !banlog and !banlogpage commands
- Added support for OPER nickname
- Added support for maintaining a players list array, so new commands can be added
- Added !playerinfo command
- Added support for ADMINLOGIN, PASSLOGIN and UNBANLOGIN events
- Added support for VOTECALLFAIL
- Added Nick Change event support and logging
- Now !players shows all player nicks and IPs
- Now Build number is shown in About tab and when the bot joins the channel
- Added "nick in use" detection and handling for IRC
- Added DisconnectLog code on GUI, as it wasn't properly added in 0.3
- Smarter Browse starting directory now points to the selected file/directory
- !pl now reports "There are no players in-game at this time." if there are no players in-game, instead of reporting 0 players
- Removed some unused code
Have fun and report any bug you may find />