• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:41 AM

Most of you probably know Hourglass.mix from the aow servers.. well i took it and modded it to a CooP map ( human vs ai only ) with AOW atmosphere on some points. This is pretty much comparable to the Skirmish CooP map we have on Exodus CooP :3
Posted Image
The Players are on GDI's side, which is on the lose at the beginning.
Once you pass the, on the picture cyan marked, line in the GDI base.. a Nod Bot raid will start and you will have to defend your base.
My intention was to make use of 6 Rocket Emplacements that i put on the GDI base entrance ( orange dots ) to hold them off.
These have 600 in HP and 600 in Armor, Heavy Vehicle Shield, so they can take some hits :3
It is not my intention to let all players just start off with Mammoth Tanks just after the game started ( though you could buy 1 or 2 if you repair all damaged GDI buildings, which are damaged from the start on and maybe a few donations )
IF all of the 6 Rocket Emplacements are destroyed, the defense is considered a failure and will trigger the GDI Powerplant to be destroyed. It is, however, my intention to make it possible to still win even after that critical loss. ( saying that, it is possible that the map might need some balancing still, i did not have the opportunity to test out yet, hopefully will have in future, updates will be posted here :3 )
After GDI either held the Nod raid off.. ( 9 Light Tanks, 3 from each side ( marked with a gray X ) and 10 infantry units from the top and bottom side ( according to the picture here ) spawning 5 times attacking the GDI base ) ..or lost PP, they will have to counter attack Nod.
It is not recommended moving on the hill at the beginning, as i put some SAM sites in the Nod base that have tracking rockets and they will pwn you up there no matter if in a Tank or on foot :3
On this map i gave the Tunnels and Infantry a more important role than they actually were in skirmish. Players can clean the Tunnels out and claim it for their team which is important, because bots would eventually use the tunnels to backstab the players while preparing to launch a tank attack on the Nod base. Also, even if the Tunnels were cleaned from bots that spawn inside there, the bot infantry from the base would eventually rush in there to reclaim it ( after beating players, eventually stabbing tank users again )
Something i must point out, i set all base bots to infinite respawn, however, they can be disabled if the appropriate building was destroyed.
Hand of Nod = no more Advanced Bot Infantry
Airstrip = no more Bot Tanks
Refinery = no more basic bot infantry
Power Plant = no more respawning Guard Towers
Also if you kill the 3 SAM sites, it will trigger a looping Chinhook dropoff in the Nod base, dropping off GDI bots.
IF the Chinhook dont get to land at least 1 GDI bot, they will not drop off again ( there are 3 Chinhooks, each one with their own, so if Chinhook A dont gets to land 1 GDI bot, Chinhook A will stop dropping, Chinhook B and C however will continue )
After all Nod structures were destroyed, you will need to fight kane in the hand of nod, if you killed him, a beacon will spawn in front of the Hand of Nod MCT so you can end game beaconing the ped :3
Another thing is that i made the GDI Harvester Player Controlled.., you will still gain the credit ticks every second though..
however, the Harvester cannot be purchased and there can only be one! Every dump will give the entire team 700 credits. :Cat face:/>
So far, that is all.. download link below.
Edit 04.11.2011 23:11 UTC 0 ( removed previous versions as mentioned to prevent confusion. )
Edit 24.11.2011 19:29 UTC 0 ( added the map as a .mix file and a objects file which You only need if you plan to host this map on your FDS, clients / player DO NOT need this file! make sure you make an entry in SSGM so that it loads the objects.cop file for this map only )
Edit 22.01.2012 14:33 UTC 0 ( Megaupload gone down, posted new download links, Thanks go to Reckneya )
Edit 20.01.2014 06:50 UTC 0 ( Removed the obsolete download link )

Download:

Download is no longer available.

If you got questions about that CooP map, please feel free to ask! :3

BANANA!
Posted Image

#2 TNaismith

TNaismith

Nightmare

• Senior Moderators
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

Read the entire post, time to give this a download and test-run. xD

#3 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

I have been playing your map for a short while today, one of the first things I tried was the human controllable harvester which was fun until I was surrounded by light tanks, after a few attempts to collect tiberium I was slowly finding myself drawn into the barracks by the light tanks to repair the building (which was good for credits as I was unable to return to the refinery with a lorry full :)), overcoming them was near impossible with the approach I took, standing inside the barracks switching between rocket soldier & engineer to try and save the building whilst attempting to remove the threat, I suppose this would have been made much easier if there were more players taking seperate rolls as coop is intended to be, the rate at which the light tanks spawned seemed as thou I was in a never ending battle from inside the barracks, after gaining enough credits to buy any vehicles they were destroyed almost instantly due to the fact that there were 4-6 light tanks always inside the GDI base, to counter balance the offence from NOD I would suggest improving the AGT's rate of fire if possible. I also played as NOD to see the layout of the map which I see was made by someone with perfection in mind, I like the way you have placed the bots inside the NOD base but still trying to reach them with GDI :(. The only problem I really had was the time limit of 30 minuites and not knowing how to change it. I wish you all the best in future updates & can see that only minor timing adjustments need applying, maybe drop the spawning locations further back to allow any GDI units to position ready for the offence. I will be playing the map later this evening & best part of tomorrow to practice different approaches. seeing how quick you have implemented a few things & have yet to test yourself I was shocked at how neat & tidy everything is. excellent work on the map so far & hope to see a few more updates to it. :)
Support Officer

#4 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thank You :3
Well it is my intention to give GDI a hard time at the start as they are on the lose, i could increase the respawning time of the raid bots though, as it is only 15seconds for each single unit to respawn xD
My intention on that point was to have a minimum set of players, else it is going to be hard! :3
I kind of find that powering up the AGT would make everything a bit too easy, i could put some smaller additional defenses though.
( defenses that fire automatically, not like the Rocketemplacements )
As for the starting of the map, like indicated on the picture on my first post, ( cyan line inside GDI base ) entering or exceeding this line will trigger the Nod raid, each unit of the raid respawns 5 times ( including their first spawn ) so that battle will not turn out to be endless nor does it require GDI to push them back by buying some guns and moving towards their spawn locations or the Nod base, i sort of intended to have GDI stand their ground for a while and yes, you do need more than 30 minutes to play that map indeed xD
I might just as well make an additional level file in the future that has the raid disabled in case some people who do not get the opportunity of playing this map with some comrades could take a further look into the map without fearing to be crushed after exceeding that first line xD
I sort of find that i might need to fire up my test FDS and invite everyone who is interested ( and got the time of course ) to test the map! :Cat face:

BANANA!
Posted Image

#5 TNaismith

TNaismith

Nightmare

• Senior Moderators
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

x_X Oh dear, the first time running it I received this error message:

Posted Image

And then after pressing ENTER, the game crashed and presented this error message:

Posted Image

And then after that, I restarted Renegade several more times, and the first error message about 'beacons' stuff didn't appear anymore, but these ones did:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I tried testing out other .pkgs and maps to see if maybe my Ren was overall messed up -- but other .pkgs and co-op test maps I've made all worked fine. Have to head out of the house now, but thought I'd post in. The map already sounds so much fun from what I've heard from people -- although it seems more players are definitely needed in order for anyone to have a chance at winning... xD

#6 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

Mh that's weird
What do you have installed onto your Ren? ( mods, scripts and such ) maybe that's the cause?
or could it be positive that this appears because i used scripts 4.0 to make it?
i dont know really D:
I included all the extra stuff in the .pkg though

Edit:
( After some tests )
The Scripts 4.0 cause this problem. If you are not using Scripts 4.0 and trying to play the map it will crash.
I made a second version now that is compatible with 3.4 and 4.0 and it also contains a map file that has the Nod raid disabled ( mission_hourglass_b21a.lsd )
Check my first post for download links :3

BANANA!
Posted Image

#7 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

Mh that's weird
What do you have installed onto your Ren? ( mods, scripts and such ) maybe that's the cause?
or could it be positive that this appears because i used scripts 4.0 to make it?
i dont know really D:

Edit:
( After some tests )
The Scripts 4.0 cause this problem. If you are not using Scripts 4.0 and trying to play the map it will crash.
I made a second version now that is compatible with 3.4 and 4.0 and it also contains a map file that has the Nod raid disabled ( mission_hourglass_b21a.lsd )

even weirder... I still have that old version of the map, and im using scripts 3.4.4. still, and I have no problems (so far, in case I might've jynxed it now :>).

The only problem I really had was the time limit of 30 minuites and not knowing how to change it.

Dunno what ur using to test it, but if ur doing the multiplay lan way, hosting a 1 person game to test it; you can change the time here (I have it set on 2 hours by default to test stuff :>):

Posted Image
Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

Mh that's weird
i dont know really D:

Edit:
( After some tests )

even weirder... I still have that old version of the map, and im using scripts 3.4.4. still, and I have no problems (so far, in case I might've jynxed it now :>).

Indeed.. when i fired up my 3.4 and tried the first uploaded .pkg, i noticed that i couldnt run it ( keeps crashing )
So it kind of wonders me how it was positive for you xD

It appears that my FDS doesnt want me to host a testing, the forceteam / SSGM wont work at all.. weird..
( i knew it! it's a conspiracy!.. Kane actually LIVES! D: )
xD
I even completely reinstalled my FDS and still there is no SSGM working, can't run it using a 4.0 server either cause it lacks on documention of how to set up a .pkg / .lsd map
( checked google, renforums.. various other places.. no idea lol )
Gets kinda annoying now >.< I'll keep trying! >:3

Edit:
FIXED
I'm really sorry about that xD
Now i made a version that works with the FDS and SSGM but it might crash you when you try playing it in LAN though.

BANANA!
Posted Image

#9 Cudaker

Cudaker

XTraction

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  • Steam:
    Cudaker

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:36 AM

I think there is something wrong xD team bots are either mad at me or crazy lol

76561197974111523.png

#10 TNaismith

TNaismith

Nightmare

• Senior Moderators
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:57 AM

xD To make the Nod bots work for this co-op map setting, SarahDX had to add a script that makes the Nod AI hunt down players specifically -- no matter what team they are on. There are very few known/properly documented scripts that work besides this one, so that's the one being used -- and so that's the reason the Nod bots attack you, even if your on Nod -- because they have scripts attached to hunt down/attack human players -- regardless of teams.

@ SarahDX

I am still using scripts 3.4.4 (I'll upgrade to 4.0 soon, I swear I will! xD) -- and I'm downloading the 3.4.4 version of your map now. Lets see how things go. xD

EDIT: I've got the 3.4.4 version of this map working, but I've crossed the line many times now and the Nod Raid isn't triggering -- I've been playing for at least 20mins now, and I've had enough time to buy up full vehicle limit of mammoth tanks to block the base. xD I keep waiting for the inc raid to start. xD

#11 Cudaker

Cudaker

XTraction

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  • Steam:
    Cudaker

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

Would be more enjoyable if the script could be modified ..I understand that if you could you would have done it ;)
edit> a ok i wasnt suppose to start on nod side on the first place If i read Sarahs post well^^
76561197974111523.png

#12 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:18 AM

@TNaismith
the 3.4 version you say? make sure you play the mission_hourglass_b21 then, if you play mission_hourglass_b21a then you wont get any raid because its the " raid disabled " version of the map for solo players

@Cudaker
The Script i used for many Nod bots will cause them to aim for the players mostly regardless of their team, like TNaismith already said, since this is a CooP map ( Human vs AI only ) there is only 1 side for which the player starts, for this map it is GDI like i said in my first post :3
So actually it doesn't matter if they'd aim at Nod Human Players, cause under the real circumstances, there are none.

btw, dubstar and I just finished some test playing using the FDS version which worked pretty good for us.
I soloed the Raid part and when dubstar joined we headed for the counter attack, was pretty enjoyable =D
We got so far to kill obby, Air Strip and HoN but then something unknown happened and the server restarted the map
( dunno.. maybe it crashed or i got a dc? )
Got to keep an eye on that 1 :3
We eventually repeat some testing, so if you like to join, just drop by.
( server is listed on the GameSpy list, can't give out server adress here, as the IP changes everyday xD )
You could also join #mission-coop here on exodus and contact us / me :P

BANANA!
Posted Image

#13 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

enjoyed playing the map with you last night, nice to see you harvesting as soon as I logged in =D I can see how the map requires a minimum set of ppl to complete the level (2 ppl at the very least). hopefully the FDS is up & running again tonight, maybe with someone else to join the fight :) half way through the level I almost forgot the base was slowly under attack & it looked as thou we were going to lose the barracks (thank god for dieing in the field =D we may have lost our advanced infantry for good).

quick question, how long do we need to stay on the tiberium field to fill up harvester?
Support Officer

#14 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

It would of been best if we finished the mission though xD
So sad that it restarted the map on it's own ( checked the FDS logs but i couldn't find any weird entry Oo )

To fill the Harvester up you must stay 10seconds on the Tiberium field. You will notice it harvesting as the 2 Scissors on it's front start moving and when they stop moving it is full. :3

BANANA!
Posted Image

#15 shaitan

shaitan

I'm too young to die

• Renegade Moderators
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Nice work Sarah. Will have to try this out sometime.

#16 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

2 hours of stamp, you & this map

WAS BLOODY GOOD FUN! ty

excellent combination of defences & offences from NOD, works well with the map (sort of makes coop's skirmish look too easy, which I know is not)

Look forward to the next test run
Support Officer

#17 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:34 AM

@shaitan
Thank You. Though you might need to download an updated version later as this is still somekind of beta xD
You are also welcome to join tests if you have time + if you want, you will need the FDS version then ( current version ) or a newer version ( i will remove previous versions with my next update )

@dubstar
Yes that was a pretty nice game. Not only were we able to find a bug, which caused the FDS to crash, no but also that something else has to be done ;)
I'll work on a update and post it here when it is good, eventually another testing round when it's up :3
( On this point i must say that i was working on a update already in which i fixed the Hand of Nod bug, which caused the server to crash, but that i cannot continue my work for a moment now, as my FDS messes up and kicks me out everytime now lol. I am sure that it is not the updated version, as i then tried the older versions which worked fine before and it kicked me out too xD dunno what the cause is.. however, it happens always at the same spot.. that is.. when you enter the first script zone, the one in GDI base that triggers the nod raid. D: Maybe it is also just me, as the FDS keeps running, no FDS crash on this point Oo However if this issue wont be fixed or vanish, I'm afraid that i will have problems continuing my work here D: .... I will simply pause for now and wait what it says tomorrow :3 )

BANANA!
Posted Image

#18 Reaver11

Reaver11

Living the Dutch Dream

• Administrators
  • 922 posts
  • Steam:
    reaver11

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

xD To make the Nod bots work for this co-op map setting, SarahDX had to add a script that makes the Nod AI hunt down players specifically -- no matter what team they are on. There are very few known/properly documented scripts that work besides this one, so that's the one being used -- and so that's the reason the Nod bots attack you, even if your on Nod -- because they have scripts attached to hunt down/attack human players -- regardless of teams.

Dynamic bots are pretty hard though with Neo_vehicle_ai and JFW_Follow_waypath you can make interesting bots.
Or via daves arrows with M08_mobile vehicle http://www.pokemonca...tion=view&id=38

Static you could basically script attack groups like some arts that focus on a WF for example.
so with a mix of static and dynamic AI you could pull of something interesting.

Besides this very nice work SarahDX!
Posted Image

#19 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Thank You, Reaver. :Cat face:
It is nice how you wanted to help me with the scripts but I am already aware of these :3

Edit:
new version is up!
Hand of Nod bug fixed ( caused the FDS to crash when destroyed )
SAM Site locations were changed ( to Nod Base Entrance )
I wanted to do more changes but when i made them and made some tests i noticed that this is just not good so i removed my other changes and kept the other stuff as it is :3
I made tests using my own FDS via LAN mode, as it keeps kicking me out when using GameSpy mode ( even with previous versions which have worked earlier ) and i can't get WOL mode to run, to figure out if it is GameSpy related xD

BANANA!
Posted Image

#20 shaitan

shaitan

I'm too young to die

• Renegade Moderators
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

Thank You, Reaver. :Cat face:
It is nice how you wanted to help me with the scripts but I am already aware of these :3

Edit:
new version is up!
Hand of Nod bug fixed ( caused the FDS to crash when destroyed )
SAM Site locations were changed ( to Nod Base Entrance )
I wanted to do more changes but when i made them and made some tests i noticed that this is just not good so i removed my other changes and kept the other stuff as it is :3
I made tests using my own FDS via LAN mode, as it keeps kicking me out when using GameSpy mode ( even with previous versions which have worked earlier ) and i can't get WOL mode to run, to figure out if it is GameSpy related xD

Wol mode: make sure you're using a valid, unused, serial for it.
Make sure your ports are open(forwarded as well in a router).
One trick to try is boot up your renegade first, then boot up the FDS, and join that way.
Yes, you probably know all of this, but it doesn't hurt to go over the small stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users