9 replies to this topic

#1 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:44 AM

Update!
I have completely overhauled this Map but kept it's old ambience setting.
The old gameplay does remain intact at some point and this is still a Nod map.
GDI, as before, starts off having the Hospital, the Hospital is now recapturable, unlike before where Nod could take the Hospital and it would permanently be theirs with GDI having no chance whatsoever to take it back, however, there is no refill located inside the Hospital anymore in case Nod claimed it, nor any Weapons.
Taking the Hospital will, as before, give the Team that has it in their possession some Reinforcements.

The Middle is as before a Infantry only zone, I have changed the way it is being blocked off for Vehicles now so that you can definitely not get in there with a Vehicle, this applies for GDI Tanks as well ( as some may remember, in the old Coop_Tropics, sometimes, a GDI Medium Tank AI would somehow end up in the Middle lol ).
Just as before, inside the Tunnels of the Middle, there is a Miniboss Mobius who has to be killed in order to progress.
There is also a Sam Site on the Hill as before, killing it will give Nod additional Reinforcements.

On the Right side, there is again a GDI Gunboat, this one has to be killed as well in order to progress, as before, there is a Sam Site by the Bridge on the Right side, killing that will also give Reinforcements.

It is mandatory to kill Mobius and to destroy the Gunboat in order to be capable of damaging GDI buildings, GDI buildings cannot be destroyed as long as eithe rof these 2 things are still alive, however, the GDI AGT can be drained down to 66% of it's Health Bar.

Unlike before, stealthed units will actually work on AIs, as I have applied my new Stealth scripts to the map, the GDI AGT can uncloak Stealth units though.
GDI AIs spawned in the GDI base will now spawn since the beginning of the game, unlike before, and they will attack from each side, GDI AIs can, as before, destroy Nod buildings and freely target them as they please, as before, however, the Map does not use MCTs for that anymore.

The Map does not feature my Difficulty scaler, as I have used many AIs for the setting right now, the Difficulty scaler would go through the roof with the amount of AIs enabled by it. xD
Therefore, this is a Very Easy only Map with AIs on both sides, easy to play.

The game is won when Nod destroyed the GDI base, no beaconing is required as it was before, players cannot purchase beacons neither.

Update 05.09.2013:
Spoiler

Update 11.09.2013:
Spoiler

Download links:
Note: You only download this file if you are NOT using TT 4.0, the file download here is only for non-4.0 users, 4.0 users download the Map automatically when joining the Server. You cannot host the Map with the downloaded file(s).

Download @ Exodus

The old files have been removed and are no longer supported, it is possible that, if you have the old Map files installed, that they may cause problems, in that case you will have to remove them, it is quite unlikely though.

Original Post:
Spoiler

BANANA!
Posted Image

#2 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

This map I really liked. From the start on the bots are an immediate threat to your base without compromising the safety of player's spawns. The obelisk had already died before I even realised it was being attacked xD
I just loved how after clearing an area, NOD bots would show up to occupy the area. Really gave a "We took over the area. It's our's now." feeling for me.
The various objectives were also good; this way you used the entire map (even the tunnels ;) ). Though I was kinda expecting there'd be something on the medical facility roof (which is why i ran off xD). To me it would have made more sense if the yellow key would be up there instead of the roof below it.

The only thing I found odd was the huge range of the gunboat. I assume you placed it that far out in the water so not everyone could kill it, and gave it a huge range to make it still fire at enemies. But, before I knew it was there I really could not understand why I kept randomly dieing, since the gunboat is so far out you need to be somewhat close to see it (I never even saw it the first couple of times).

I'm not saying you should change anything. Only change it if you want to. The map is near perfect to me (the only point being that gunboat xD). So I think you did a great job Sarah! :Thumbs up: :ythumbsup:
Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

I might put the Gunboat a little closer and reduce the range and lifepoints abit. The gunboat was, before our little test today, only tested by me alone xD
About the Hospital, well there is a SAM there that would eventually give Nod reinforcements if killed.. putting the Yellow card there would result in no one getting far enough into the Hospital, as you need the yellow card to get into the inner rooms of the Hospital ( and since you need the ladder to get up there, you'd be screwed because it's in the inner rooms x3 ).
The roof is.. pretty much just a sniper postion from which you could snipe into the GDI base :3
The only thing that i could imagine to put up there might be somekind of Gun Emplacement xD

However, Thank You. :P

BANANA!
Posted Image

#4 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

Ah yea forgot yellow card is needed for the inner doors xD
Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 g.O.D

g.O.D

Ultra violence

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Steam:
    g.O.D

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Great Ideas comming along SarahDX, 'keep em coming' :ythumbsup:
Mind over Matter
Posted Image
The -DM- Medic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

<Reaver11> Dont run under IRC ladders! /\ xD
<ChaosLegionnaire> ....
<gOD> hehe
<ChaosLegionnaire> dont break any mirrors :รพ
<ChaosLegionnaire> this includes breaking the surface of water which is also a type of mirror

Originally posted by Reckneya
Well let me tell you, I will miss them. I will miss them like I miss toothpain when I am trying to eat pussy.
Face your Fears Live your Dreams!

#6 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

Thank You.

New version ( check my first post for download )
The Gunboat is closer to the coast now, i reduced it's range too
Also, it will now fire 3 rockets instead of 6 when attacking

BANANA!
Posted Image

#7 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Update!
I have completely overhauled this Map but kept it's old ambience setting.
The old gameplay does remain intact at some point and this is still a Nod map.
GDI, as before, starts off having the Hospital, the Hospital is now recapturable, unlike before where Nod could take the Hospital and it would permanently be theirs with GDI having no chance whatsoever to take it back, however, there is no refill located inside the Hospital anymore in case Nod claimed it, nor any Weapons.
Taking the Hospital will, as before, give the Team that has it in their possession some Reinforcements.

The Middle is as before a Infantry only zone, I have changed the way it is being blocked off for Vehicles now so that you can definitely not get in there with a Vehicle, this applies for GDI Tanks as well ( as some may remember, in the old Coop_Tropics, sometimes, a GDI Medium Tank AI would somehow end up in the Middle lol ).
Just as before, inside the Tunnels of the Middle, there is a Miniboss Mobius who has to be killed in order to progress.
There is also a Sam Site on the Hill as before, killing it will give Nod additional Reinforcements.

On the Right side, there is again a GDI Gunboat, this one has to be killed as well in order to progress, as before, there is a Sam Site by the Bridge on the Right side, killing that will also give Reinforcements.

It is mandatory to kill Mobius and to destroy the Gunboat in order to be capable of damaging GDI buildings, GDI buildings cannot be destroyed as long as eithe rof these 2 things are still alive, however, the GDI AGT can be drained down to 66% of it's Health Bar.

Unlike before, stealthed units will actually work on AIs, as I have applied my new Stealth scripts to the map, the GDI AGT can uncloak Stealth units though.
GDI AIs spawned in the GDI base will now spawn since the beginning of the game, unlike before, and they will attack from each side, GDI AIs can, as before, destroy Nod buildings and freely target them as they please, as before, however, the Map does not use MCTs for that anymore.

The Map does not feature my Difficulty scaler, as I have used many AIs for the setting right now, the Difficulty scaler would go through the roof with the amount of AIs enabled by it. xD
Therefore, this is a Very Easy only Map with AIs on both sides, easy to play.

The game is won when Nod destroyed the GDI base, no beaconing is required as it was before, players cannot purchase beacons neither.

Updated the first Post along with the new Download.

BANANA!
Posted Image

#8 ChaosLegionnaire

ChaosLegionnaire

Hey, not too rough!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

one minor issue i noticed: the waypoints the nod harv takes to the tib field needs to be adjusted slightly as the current path causes the harv to go over the airstrip landing zone. so when someone buys a vehicle at the right "wrong" moment, it causes the harv to be destroyed.
CPU: C2D E8600 @ 4GHz (400x10) @ 1.3375V & C2Q Q6600 @ 3.2GHz (400x8) @ 1.4125V
CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Super Megahalems & Thermalright True Black 120 Rev. C
GPU: Asus 8800 GTS 512 TOP & Leadtek 1GB GTX460 OC
GPU Cooler: Scythe Musashi & Stock GTX460 Cooler
Mainboard: Asus Maximus II Formula & Gigabyte EP35-DS3
Memory: 4 X 1GB Kingston HyperX @ 800MHz @ 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB & Hitachi 7K3000 2TB
Optical: LG GSA-H10N & BenQ DW1670 & Pioneer BDR-208DBK
Power Supply: Enermax Liberty 500W Modular & Super Flower Leadex Gold 550W Modular
Display: Asus VE248H
Input Devices: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard & X5 Mouse
Speakers: Creative Inspire T6100 5.1 Surround System

#9 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Ah yes I know, unfortunately it has nothing to do with the actual waypath of the Harvester, as that one directs it to drive around the Airstrip platform which would prevent it's destruction by a player buying a vehicle in the wrong time.

Screenshot:
Spoiler

The actual problem is that the Nod Harvester does not acknowledge that very waypath and instead chooses to drive to the Tibfield directly, I have been trying a lot of things to solve it but none of which were successful as you can see. xD

It is just so odd that it doesn't work all over the sudden, since it did work on the AOW Original by Aircraftkiller. We'll see if I *might* find a solve for this sometime in the future. :P/>

BANANA!
Posted Image

#10 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Update 11.09.2013:

-Overhauled the pathfind ( again ).

-Due to the specific pathfind overhaul I did, the Nod Harvester now properly follows it's path.

-Fixed a bug that would prevent GDI AIs from attacking a Nod Building after some time.

-Added additional Messages.

Updated the first Post.
This is a Serverside update.

BANANA!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users