• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Reckneya

Reckneya

I'm too sexy to die

• Administrators
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Those vids make me want to play it lol. And if that didn't help TNais' post would ;)

Btw, I feel the need to comment on your MC clan tag thing. It's totally none of my business, but I don't see why you can't play AOW with your clan tags on. I think it's cool other players can see I am a death match guy. If anyone questions what you are doing on an AOW server if you like to fight AI so much, you could just get cheaky with them and address them the harvester is not human controlled. And if you happen to kill them? Oops, thought you were a bot, you moved in such a straight line. Just saying. So I guess what I'm trying to say is; there is no harm in wearing a clan tag with pride. :)
*Click my signature to go directly to my YouTube channel*
Posted Image

[23:34:11] [-SoH-]Osiris killed AC-C4Smoke (GDI Minigunner/Auto Rifle vs Nod Minigunner)
[23:34:24] AC-C4Smoke: soh using RGH hax with Armor hax
[23:34:28] AC-C4Smoke: noob server
[23:34:32] Player AC-C4Smoke left the game

#22 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

the harvester is not human controlled. And if you happen to kill them? Oops, thought you were a bot, you moved in such a straight line.

lmfao :)
Support Officer

#23 TNaismith

TNaismith

Nightmare

• Senior Moderators
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

*Grunts*

Guess I'm a stubborn ol' mule I am -- definition of co-op gaming is already messed up already on the internet -- people claim games are 'co-operative' long as your on a team with other players, but they love to use that excuse as a reason to say player vs player/competitive/PvP games are good recommendations for 'co-op' people.

Personally my definition on co-operative games are the same as what Co-optimus.com goes with, and they are currently one of the most popular, if not considered official, voices of co-op video-gaming on the internet right now:

Co-optimus.com - Definition of a co-op game

Definition

A co-op game is a game where two or more players work together to accomplish a goal against AI opponents. Ideally the game will feature a strong story in which both players take part of. Co-Op can be online over the internet, offline on the same console, or via a LAN or Wireless Network. We do not consider team based games as co-op where players face off against another team of human players.

I'm a real die-hard fan of that, and have been playing with the [MC] clan tags under the impression this is what we're about this whole time, and for the future. Going onto competitive/Player vs player servers/modes and playing with a clan tag that is supposed to be purely about showing love/enthusiasm for (human vs AI only) co-op gameplay is sort of... let alone making cheeky comments like 'Well the harvester is AI!'... I disagree with that kind of comments/reasoning. It may be cheeky, but it's the same kind of stuff the real pushy competitive folks (not you, but the real nasty ones) say when to people who like co-op games (Human vs AI only).

"LOL, you wanna play co-op? Well join this cool PvP game so I can beat you up and tea-bag your body! It's got AI in it that you can fight! That should be good enough for a loser like you, so c'mon and join so I can crush you! Nobody cares for loser co-op modes anways. Buncha bulls*t."

.... hmmph. Guess I just personally don't want to see the definition of co-op gaming get even more tainted as it is. Playing on competitive servers a lot while with the tag, and actually telling people a lot of the time your part of a clan that's really about true-to-heart co-op videogaming, but then playing on competitive servers all the time with the tag on... that's just asking for people to start to take co-op less seriously than how competitive games/modes are respected these days.

"Competitive games? Hell ya there's reputable stuff out there man, competitive games are legit, we got esports coverage, professional tournaments, and people take competitive video-games srs bzns man. Most forums/vidoes with competitive gameplay content get tons of views and discussion all the time! Those Koreans even PAY their people to play competitive Starcraft like a pro-league sports player! .... Wut? Co-op games? Loooool, nobody takes that seriously."

"Oh? There's this clan dedicated to playing co-op games seriously with good teamplay and atmosphere all the time, but from the way they play so much more on competitive/player vs player servers with their co-op tags on... guess co-op doesn't really mean Human vs AI only... co-op games just means working together generally, right? After all, these 'Co-op game' clan guys are always showing up on competitive/PvP servers with their clan tags on! That must mean they don't take co-op seriously... if they played without their tags on competitive/PvP servers that would be different, but c'mon! Their joining competitive/PvP servers with the tag on all the time! This' gotta mean co-op doesn't really mean Human vs AI only! Not to these guys at least!"

./End usual TNaismith-enthused rant and ramble about co-op vide-gaming culture

On a Renegade-X (Ontopic) note, that second video Dubstar posted is the first gameplay from the singleplayer mission that I've ever seen. Have to say that although I still stand by my earlier comments about how merging old Westwood voice audio from the 2002 Renegade with new voice audio (voice actors who aren't the same people who played the originals) does create some strange feelings -- the voice audio I heard in-game while watching that 2nd video is pretty cleverly done! Those guys really took the time to put in old audio clips (lots of them unused and never heard in the original singleplayer missions from 2002 renegade) and to add them to the Renegade-X: Black Dawn mission at nicely-timed moments in the game.

The use of those old Westwood audio clips is probably what made the closest connection for me between Renegade-X and the original Renegade. Otherwise, if they hadn't put in that audio -- some moments I would have felt like I'm just watching a video of Crysis or Serious Sam HD. o_0

Props to the Totem Arts guys for pulling that off. Well done!

#24 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

I agree [MC] tags represent co-operative gameplay (humans vs bots), our slogan "No Bot Stands A Chance" says it all :). I joined the clan because it is the only active co-op clan in renegade that dedicates itself to fighting AI/bots which I am a big fan of. As for the voice overs.. they have done a really good job blending what is available from renegade.
Support Officer

#25 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Does anyone know if AI/bots will be released with the multiplayer version?
Support Officer

#26 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Does anyone know if AI/bots will be released with the multiplayer version?

The latest podcast from http://www.moddb.com...-design-podcast shows that bots will be released with the multiplayer version :) spruced up coop here we come hehe
Support Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users