• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

This mod was discontinued and is being completely overhauled as of now.
Some of the old features such as Controlpoints/Checkpoints will be kept, Gameplay-wise however, it will experience a major overhaul
as well as be going more towards a Human vs AI AOW.

This means that Beacons will be allowed.

Of course you might now go like: "What? Beacons will be allowed? but what about the AI team? they can't disarm Beacons!"
Well yes.. originally they couldn't disarm Beacons.. but now they can, yes, you have seen correctly, they can.
Since I have learned how to code me some Scripts of my own, I made a Script for Engineers ( and the like ) that allows them to disarm enemy Beacons.

Of course there is a slight tweak that makes them disarm Beacons quite fast to balance it up a little ( this way you definitely got to guard your Beacon or else you might end in failure ) but it is still a nice thing I find.

Another thing is that you will not be able to place Beacons inside Buildings or in places ( like Building roofs on non-flying maps ) that cannot be reached.

The game can only be won by Building Destruction and there will be AIs that repair their Buildings.

If you destroy an enemy Building, it will most likely trigger the de-activation of some enemy forces, basically like on the original C&C_Coop_ maps:

-Destroying the Hand of Nod/GDI Infantry Barracks will disable Heavy Infantry Spawns ( Heavy, not Advanced )

-Destroying the Nod Airstrip/GDI Weapons Factory will disable Vehicle Spawns ( does not include Small Defenses -- Turrets, Guard Towers and the like )

-Destroying the Nod Powerplant/GDI Powerplant will disable Small Base Defense Spawns

-Destroying the Nod Refinery/GDI Refinery will state that Troop Morale dropped, it will affect the game in form of that there will be less units ( that can be either Infantry units or Vehicles )

-Other Buildings will be concerned for specifically the map they're used on ( in case there will be any )

Another thing I have thought of would be to have a random shuffle, so that you have the chance that everytime the map starts, you play as either Nod Co-Op or GDI Co-Op, I also intend to include the difficulty scaler.

Now because of all that, it takes a huge amount of setup time and especially with all the testing to see if it is well balanced or if the setup works properly. I do however, not come empty handed. I already have a Serverside mod of C&C_Walls and as of this post, the GDI side ( GDI Co-Op ) is playable on Very Easy difficulty ( 1-2 Players )

Depending on my mood, this map and eventually others *might* be released, there is no guarantee that I will complete this mod OR make more than this 1 map

Eventually more to be added here later.

Update 1:
Spoiler

Update 2:
Spoiler

Original Post/Project:

Spoiler

BANANA!
Posted Image

#2 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

Added a mod of C&C_Walls.mix now which I had already done a few days ago, lol.
I also added a few Screenshots, just as with Field, I didn't had the opportunity to really make some good screenshots. xD
The next map is already in the works, however, that one is going to be a very special one. :P

About Walls:
This map was intended as the easiest map so far but you can still get pwned quite easily on this map if you aren't careful :3
Just like on the previous 2 mod maps, to take the checkpoint(s), you gotta kill it's defences and once you or the enemy took the place, a message is shown which displays what just happened.
Walls has 3 conditions that can make the players lose the game, which would be:
1. The players lose all their SAM Sites in their base ( Players = Team Nod )
2. The Hand of Nod and the Airstrip were destroyed ( both of them, not either )
3. All Player Structures were destroyed ( well.. this is not very likely to happen but still possible )

A little side note for all of the 3 mod maps:
All GDI structures except the Advanced Guard Tower can only be destroyed by attacking the MCT.

BANANA!
Posted Image

#3 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Added M01.
Added Screenshots to my first post.

Well, this is not one of the AOW maps, I know.
It is as said in my previous post, a special map, not only because it's one of the Mission maps.
In this mod, players have to face both, GDI and Nod, taking the role of the Mutants.
During the gameplay, you will encounter both of them and just like it should be, both fight each other as well as fighting you ( the player team )
The player team has to crush both, GDI and Nod, this Mission Objective is being displayed at the start of the game and is being repeated every 10 minutes. During the gameplay, you get Secondary and Primary objectives, the secondary objectives are allowed to fail but they might influence the gameplay as in, you get no or lesser reinforcements and/or you have to take a bigger route in order to get some Ammo refill.
Primary objectives are objectives that you have to do and it is not allowed to fail these, however, not all Primary objectives can be failed, so far, there is only 1 Primary objective that can be failed and as said, because they are not allowed to fail, it will cause the player team to lose the game.

All objectives are being displayed and mostly along with some sounds.

It is possible that I might change some things still as well as there can still be some bugs/glitches and/or the like, since I have only played it solo up to now.

I guess it wouldn't be wrong to host some public testing around the next time or so. xD

BANANA!
Posted Image

#4 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

Added C&C_Hourglass.
Updated first post.

This one is not a Serverside version of my Coop_Hourglass mod, however, some things are similar.
Just as the other modded AOW maps in this Serverside CooP mod, this map is played on the Nod Team.
Since the Structures ( WF, Bar, PP, Ref ) are only vulnerable to MCT damage, the hill camping and attacking Structures from the Hill is greatly prevented, another thing is, that there are 3 Guard Towers ontop of the Structures that have a clear sight to the top of the Hill and so, it becomes a bit more difficult to attack from the Hill.

Nod, just as on Skirmish00 and Field, has to work without the support of the Nod Obelisk, this time however, it isn't blown up to bits but just disabled. Nod has 4 Turrets and 1 Mobile Arty that serves as Automatic Base defense, the Arty however is the only one that respawns.
This time, Nod ( playerteam ) can lose the game by either losing the 3 Trucks AND the 2 SSM in their Base OR by losing the Hand of Nod AND the Nod Air Strip, losing the 3 SAM Sites in the Nod base however, will result in GDI Infantry dropoffs in the Nod base, which can result in defeat, depending on Nod and their defense against that, additionally, Nod can disable the dropoff by simply destroying a GDI Ceiling Gun, that is spawned in the Tunnel ( checkpoint ) after all Nod SAM Sites were destroyed.
Note that GDI can re-enable this dropoff even after that by simple re-taking the checkpoint.

The Tunnel Checkpoint, this influences the game but is not a requirement to actually win, the Team that is in possession of this Checkpoint gets reinforcements on the left and right paths between the bases, as well as defences within the Tunnel.
On this map, GDI starts off with the Tunnel in their possession and thus, gain reinforcements who directly proceed to either attack the Nod base or the players.

The GDI base has, just like in Coop_Hourglass, 6 Rocketemplacements additionally to the AGT ( not to forget the 3 Guard Towers ontop of the buildings ) however, the 6 Rocketemplacements are slightly weaker in health level and destroying all 6 of them wont result in the death of the PP like in Coop_Hourglass, the Rocketemplacements do not respawn and just like in Coop_Hourglass, they use the same weapon as the MRLS. The GDI Guard Towers ontop of the structures do respawn.
In every structure except the AGT are Ceiling Guns in order to prevent very easy C4'ing of the structures.

Just like in Coop_Hourglass as well as the previous Serverside modmaps of this AOW CooP mod, destroying certain structures will result in the disabling of certain Units, so if you kill the WF the GDI tanks will stop spawning, destroying the Bar will disable the advanced Infantry, Ref the basic Infantry and some others and the PP will disable the respawn of the Guard Towers.

btw, the SBH works in this mod, however, I made some Anti-SBH bots that will even attack an SBH, some small Base Defences can eventually spot SBHs too but mostly when the SBH attacks that defence, other, usual bots, can also spot the SBH either if they have seen that players before they purchased the SBH or when the SBH attacked them while these bots were in War.
Most of the Tanks made/used in this mod are also capable to spotting SBH's, however, opposed to every other unit, the SBH has still a great capability to sneak into bases or to sneak around in the field, being somekind of Spy unit, also, there is no beaconing so SBH's cannot go and blow everything up using beacons.
Stealth Tank's however are still spotted by every bot and SBH's are also de-stealthed while in a Vehicle.

Changelog for those who participated in the small public testrun that was hosted not so long before this post, and eventually others:
Spoiler

BANANA!
Posted Image

#5 SgtSavage67

SgtSavage67

I'm too young to die

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:
    A Fuzzy Sheep

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

I like the Changes, that ought to make it JUST doable. :D

The Hill-camping measures will be a nice touch, but the SBH adds a good amount of balance. Good job. :)

#6 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

Updated the first post.
Here goes some update for this Topic....

This mod was discontinued and is being completely overhauled as of now.
Some of the old features such as Controlpoints/Checkpoints will be kept, Gameplay-wise however, it will experience a major overhaul
as well as be going more towards a Human vs AI AOW.

This means that Beacons will be allowed.

Of course you might now go like: "What? Beacons will be allowed? but what about the AI team? they can't disarm Beacons!"
Well yes.. originally they couldn't disarm Beacons.. but now they can, yes, you have seen correctly, they can.
Since I have learned how to code me some Scripts of my own, I made a Script for Engineers ( and the like ) that allows them to disarm enemy Beacons.

Of course there is a slight tweak that makes them disarm Beacons quite fast to balance it up a little ( this way you definitely got to guard your Beacon or else you might end in failure ) but it is still a nice thing I find.

Another thing is that you will not be able to place Beacons inside Buildings or in places ( like Building roofs on non-flying maps ) that cannot be reached.

The game can only be won by Building Destruction and there will be AIs that repair their Buildings.

If you destroy an enemy Building, it will most likely trigger the de-activation of some enemy forces, basically like on the original C&C_Coop_ maps:

-Destroying the Hand of Nod/GDI Infantry Barracks will disable Heavy Infantry Spawns ( Heavy, not Advanced )

-Destroying the Nod Airstrip/GDI Weapons Factory will disable Vehicle Spawns ( does not include Small Defenses -- Turrets, Guard Towers and the like )

-Destroying the Nod Powerplant/GDI Powerplant will disable Small Base Defense Spawns

-Destroying the Nod Refinery/GDI Refinery will state that Troop Morale dropped, it will affect the game in form of that there will be less units ( that can be either Infantry units or Vehicles )

-Other Buildings will be concerned for specifically the map they're used on ( in case there will be any )

Another thing I have thought of would be to have a random shuffle, so that you have the chance that everytime the map starts, you play as either Nod Co-Op or GDI Co-Op, I also intend to include the difficulty scaler.

Now because of all that, it takes a huge amount of setup time and especially with all the testing to see if it is well balanced or if the setup works properly. I do however, not come empty handed. I already have a Serverside mod of C&C_Walls and as of this post, the GDI side ( GDI Co-Op ) is playable on Very Easy difficulty ( 1-2 Players )

Depending on my mood, this map and eventually others *might* be released, there is no guarantee that I will complete this mod OR make more than this 1 map

Eventually more to be added here later.

BANANA!
Posted Image

#7 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

C&C_Walls' Serverside Mod was completed recently and as of yesterday it is playable on the Exodus Co-Op Server.

Features included in this Build:

-Playable from either side ( Nod, GDI ), everytime the map starts you have a 50-50 chance of playing either as GDI or Nod.

-Difficulty scaling based on Player count, supports up to the Difficulty Hard ( 13-17 Players ).

-A Controlpoint, at the Game start it is neutral and therefore it belongs to no one, to take it you simply go inside the Mountain in the middle of the map which is where the Control Point is located at, whoever gets there first obtains the Control Point and this will spawn 4 Turrets and 1 Ceiling Gun for Nod *OR* 4 Guard Towers and 1 Ceiling Gun for GDI. The Team in possession also get AI reinforcements on the left and right sides in form of 2 Nod/GDI Officers and 1 Nod/GDI Rocket Soldier Officer for each side.
Reinforcements come in every 90 seconds for the Team in possession and they of course stop dropping if the other Team took the Control Point, Units that were already dropped won't die if the Control Point was taken.The Dropoff will only repeat after 90 Seconds if the Units that were Dropped before have died.

-Allowed Beaconing, you can Purchase Beacons and attempt to Ion/Nuke enemy Buildings, you cannot place Beacons inside Buildings and you cannot place Beacons in areas that cannot be reached/are not meant to be reached, such as Building roofs.
Another note is that there are 4 Engineers for the given AI Team that are specified on disarming Beacons, so you probably want to protect your placed Beacon.

-AI Engineers on the AI Team that Repair Buildings internally.

-AI Units on the AI Team that attack enemy Buildings ( Buildings of the Player Team ).

-Modifications on Nod Vehicles to balance out against the GDI AI Vehicles, the Nod Mobile Artillery now has 300HP and 300AR and has the same Heavy Vehicle Shield as the Nod Light Tank.
The Nod Flame Tank has 600HP and 600AR and has the same HP Regeneration as the GDI Mammoth Tank.
The Nod Stealth Tank has 400HP and 400AR and also has the HP Regeneration.
There were no other Vehicle modification on Player Vehicles other than that.

-The Game has to be won by Building Destruction, besides that Beaconing inside Buildings is disabled, Ped Beaconing won't win the Game.

Just as I said some time before, I won't release any future work ( including this one here ) in public and therefore there won't be any downloads of the Serverfiles, as this mod is Serverside you don't even need a Client Download.

BANANA!
Posted Image

#8 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

Update 1:

-Changed the ForceTeaming so that it forces players into the corresponding Team without a time delay.
Note: If the Server has a very strong lag problem, it *can* still occur, but then it is not related to the Script anymore.

-Enabled 4 *friendly* bots ( that usually only spawn if you're the enemy ) to spawn in the player base.

Updated the first post.

BANANA!
Posted Image

#9 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Update 2:

-Fixed a bug where it would disable the friendly bot spawns when the Hand of Nod or the GDI Barracks were destroyed.

-Enabled 4 additional friendly bot spawns when the Nod Airstrip or the GDI Weapons Factory were destroyed, to make gameplay a bit more comfortable when you lost your main building(s).

-Changed the Force Teaming a bit so that it is less likely that PvP appears because of either the Server or the Client lagging on game start.

Updated the first post.

BANANA!
Posted Image

#10 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

Many times I have joined where there is no WF/Air Strip & Bar/Hon which is a pain in the butt, with only basic infantry it is very hard to do anything at all really, would it be more feasible to enable credits (not points) to be earned for repairing buildings so people can atleast purchase the Ion/Nuke?
Support Officer

#11 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

Well you of course don't know that yet, but points and Credits are related, that means, to increase the Credits distributed by repairs, I'd have to raise the points ( damage ), that again would be bad because it allows for pointwhoring and very easy recommendation-whoring ( on either side ). And players do get Credits for repairing, it is just very low because of my Anti-Pointwhoring setup. :3

So obviously I won't do that of course.
However, have you noticed before that the Credit ticks given by the Refinery are doubled? ( They have been doubled ever since I released the Map ), it kinda seems to me that you haven't noticed that at all and I must say myself that, as long as the Refinery is alive, there have never been money related problems as you get more money faster than with a Harvester and the old ticks.

Although I can imagine that for this specific question you made, you had a scenario in mind where the Refinery was destroyed, right?

Well nevertheless, you get enough Credits for killing the enemy Infantry and with the 8 friendly Infantry units being enabled ( the 4 you have from the start onwards and the 4 additional ones you get for having lost the WF/AS ), the gameplay is alot more comfortable in such a bleak situation than previously ( no Bar-WF/HoN-AS ) and, correct me if I am wrong, I believe you haven't played the Map yet after the 2 updates that have taken place, or at least not since Update 2#, you should definitely take a look at how it is now, in such a bleak situation. :P/>

Anyways, no offense or anything, I just don't intend to reward players for losing Buildings and yes, I know that often just 1 player joins and loses them and then leaves and then someone else joins and has to deal with the mistakes the previous player made, but I cannot do much about that and you probably know that. :3
I also don't intend to soften the Map down too much because I did intend a certain difficulty level and I have already gone off that course by enabling a total of 8 friendly bots for the players ( all of which are Tier 3 or 2 ) which influences the gameplay alot specifically in bleak situations. xD

BANANA!
Posted Image

#12 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

You're right I don't pay much attention to detail xD didn't realise the credit ticks were twice the normal rate. I have played since before and after update 1, update 2 I will play sometime over the weekend :)
Support Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users