• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

c'mon guys wheres everyone gone :( I seen most of you around in PvP games but no coop :( missing the buzz of 2011 through 2012 with people like vanilla_vodka, hardASSkiller, stampia, chaoslegionnaire, rekoil, TNaiSmith, iCe_Queen*, smee, mrtank, andyman, sarahdx, zorid & aborto to name but a few, sorry if I missed you its been a while & remembering all the good coop players isn't my speciallty lol but coop is & its alot harder now the bots have new path finding abilities so I need your help! hehe. some quality team players out there in renegade & I would love to get back into coop :)

If i see some of you in then I will join for sure :P cya round peeps. have a good one
Support Officer

#2 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'm still around, though I am mostly modding/mapping these days so I'm rarely joining the Exodus Co-Op Server on my own. Currently, C&C_Coop_B01 receives most of my attention, after this map has reached it's Public Beta stage ( i.e C&C_Coop_B01_B1 ), B02 will receive an complete overhaul with many changes being applied to it that I have been doing to B01, which originally was known as C&C_Coop_BeachAssault.

There's eventually something else coming up but time will tell. :P

However, as already said, I still am around and would still join some Co-Op, just come on IRC and poke me. xD :P

A little side note about stampia, I too have been wondering about his absence and therefore PM-ed him on GameSpy Arcade a few times, I received a response of him today where he told me this:
Spoiler

So he will not be around as much or at all around the next time I suppose. =(

I'm not sure what's up with Zorid, he hasn't been around in some time although he stated he might start playing again in the Help plx Topic, in which he replied today.

MrTank is quite busy these days in real life, can't say much more about that. xD

ReKoil has been around recently, also playing Ren, but he spends too much time playing Steam Games!, he needs to find more time for Ren modding and Ren Co-Op! :3

ChaosLegionnaire still lurks in IRC and sometimes joins the Server.

BANANA!
Posted Image

#3 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

yeah I played with rekoil over a week or so ago gg :) I seen your maps being hosted on jelly-coop :) but had a problem with the auto download not loading 1 of the maps, I downloaded the maps from yours & zunnies site and put them where there supposed to go but wouldn't load :( nvm. think it was RA_tropics or somethin like that.

will be hitting the refresh button on renlist till I see a regular face or two hehe

good luck with your modding sarah

msg to stamp bwahaha :)
Support Officer

#4 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ah yeah that thing with Jelly, I have nothing to do with them. They probably downloaded the Maps somewhere I guess, and put them on their Server.

That thing with zunnie and me working on a new RenegadeCoop mod ( wether it would of been called RC4 or RC5 ) is also past for quite some time now.
Maps that were taken over to RenegadeCoop that I made or modded are RC_Hourglass, RC_Tropics, RC_BeachAssault and RC_B02_B7.
Which you have all played under their Original names. :3

There wasn't any Gameplay difference though.

BANANA!
Posted Image

#5 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

yes its been to long ;) I will be joinin game this week for sure :)

#6 Cunin

Cunin

:U

• Administrators
  • 2,612 posts
  • Steam:
    Cunin

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

I think ChaosLegionnaire is a bit unlucky, I see him around when no one else is, so he's got to play alone often :(

#7 FuckTheMillenium

FuckTheMillenium

I'm too young to die

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

I too see nobody on the server and to pass there is nobody, I will be glad will integrate

#8 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 925 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

ReKoil has been around recently, also playing Ren, but he spends too much time playing Steam Games!, he needs to find more time for Ren modding and Ren Co-Op! :3

Also, I've been on a trip to turkey past 4 days (2 of which were traveling over there and back again D:) for my sister's wedding.
Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

That were the past 4 days only though. :3 xD
Was it nice there? :P

BANANA!
Posted Image

#10 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 925 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

way too hot for me... other then that yea it was :D

More on topic though: I'm trying to join the server more lately even if nobody's ingame (which used to be the reason I didn't join much anymore).
Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#11 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Like to say thanks to everyone who joined the other day, bought back some of that coopness for a few good hours :) gg's

wish I took some screenies lol maybe next time
Support Officer

#12 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

p.s stamp if I don't see you around tc & enjoy life mate :)
Support Officer

#13 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

way too hot for me... other then that yea it was :D

SarahDX gets a freezer to make Korn-icecream :P xD

More on topic though: I'm trying to join the server more lately even if nobody's ingame (which used to be the reason I didn't join much anymore).

Too many people seem to rely on having someone on the Server, or to have someone on the Server they actually know. xD
Well, it kinda is understandable now, where the maps have turned a bit harder after the mapfixes.

My main reason for not having been so often on the Server was, as already stated, spending alot of time Modding.
Andyman, Dubstar and I have recently played another beta-test-version of C&C_Coop_B01, which then featured the Easy mode -- which is being activated once there is 3 or more players ( and de-activated if the player count goes below 3 ).
The test was nice, there have been a few things that didn't work out as supposed but it was still a nice game and I could see what I needed to adjust/fix. :3

Like to say thanks to everyone who joined the other day, bought back some of that coopness for a few good hours :) gg's

wish I took some screenies lol maybe next time

I don't record Co-Op gameplay at all at the moment, because I cannot even make use of my first PC, thus I have far too less memory space to store those recordings ( aside of that I don't even have a good recording software that properly records Ren WITH sound and on higher Resolution, I have been using the old freeware fraps in the past but it limits you to the lowest Resolution Ren offers and has no sound.. plus it doesn't convert the recorded material directly like hypercam does, resulting in huge amounts of memory space beign eaten up for longer clips ) So far I had always been sticking to Hypercam but Hypercam has it's problems with Ren. xD

Ah.. but I guess I don't have to record stuff if I can spam the Screenshot button for some stuff. :P

p.s stamp if I don't see you around tc & enjoy life mate :)

Na I think that this is just temporary -- his absence, I remember that he had that kind of situation a few times in the past where he would just vanish for some time and then return. The Message he sent me of which I posted a Screenshot in my first post in this Topic also states him saying: "i have no more time to play at time" so I really think he's going to come back once things are good again around him. :3

BANANA!
Posted Image

#14 ChaosLegionnaire

ChaosLegionnaire

Hey, not too rough!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

nah not unlucky, just due to the timezone difference thats all cuz im in asia.

i've tried recording gameplay footage with my hdd/dvd recorder using my video card's s-video out (that black round socket on the video card output panel) and the sound using my sound card's surround side speaker output remapped to line out stereo (my sound card lets me remap/reassign the output jacks since i only have 5.1 surround sound speakers so the side surround 7.1 output jack is unused).

however, the recorder can only record in SD resolution and im limited to playing in 1024x768 res max as the pal/ntsc s-video specs has a 1024x768 res limit and for sum focked up reason, playing in a higher resolution makes the image blurer? the recording is sharper in 800x600 and 640x480.

i've tried messing with the recording quality SP,LP,EP mode but it doesnt affect the bluriness. my guess is its a defect with the input quality from the video card. :(

so personally, i find it easier to record gameplay footage using a hdd/dvd recorder as the video is already compressed to mpeg2 format instead of raw uncompressed YUV video which can gobble up hundreds of gigs of space if u got many hours of video. also, the gameplay footage is already on dvd which u can keep as a spare backup copy.

i tried capturing gameplay footage with my tv capture/tuner cards and other capturing software but i was plagued by audio-video desync (the audio doesnt match whats going on in the video). wasted many hours trying to troubleshoot this and i eventually got sick of wasting my time and gave up. i concluded it just doesnt work for me...

also, i can transcode the mpeg2 recorded videos to mpeg-4 avc h264 using handbrake and other video editing/transcode utilities to save even more space. havent encountered any a-v desync issues with the recordings made by my hdd/dvd recorder. so that method works best for me. so as sarah sez, now u try it!

dvd recorders are quite cheap nowadays. can get one for around 80-100 bucks and a hdd recorder without the hard disk for 120-150 bucks.

P.S. if u think turkey is too hot, try singapore. high heat plus high humidity makes for a very stinky and sweaty chaoslegionnaire...
CPU: C2D E8600 @ 4GHz (400x10) @ 1.3375V & C2Q Q6600 @ 3.2GHz (400x8) @ 1.4125V
CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Super Megahalems & Thermalright True Black 120 Rev. C
GPU: Asus 8800 GTS 512 TOP & Leadtek 1GB GTX460 OC
GPU Cooler: Scythe Musashi & Stock GTX460 Cooler
Mainboard: Asus Maximus II Formula & Gigabyte EP35-DS3
Memory: 4 X 1GB Kingston HyperX @ 800MHz @ 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB & Hitachi 7K3000 2TB
Optical: LG GSA-H10N & BenQ DW1670 & Pioneer BDR-208DBK
Power Supply: Enermax Liberty 500W Modular & Super Flower Leadex Gold 550W Modular
Display: Asus VE248H
Input Devices: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard & X5 Mouse
Speakers: Creative Inspire T6100 5.1 Surround System

#15 SarahDX

SarahDX

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Timezone difference, lol. You need to stop watching TV so much and play more C&C Renegade Co-Op instead!, it is way more important than TV. :3 :P

BANANA!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users