32 replies to this topic

#1 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Hey all,

The day has finally come to release my new custom coop map ttm1, this map has been in the making for over a year lol xD

sorry it took so long haha, anyways it should be added to the server sometime today hope you all enjoy it.

A really huge THANK YOU to SarahDX, for all the help behind the scenes with many things.

Credits to sarachDX for the coding of some of my stuff like the zipline and making me some custom scripts, without this the zipline would not have worked, thanks sarah ;)

All other credits go to: yes me xD for the making of the map and everything else.

Look forward to playing the map online with others.

EDIT: Forgot to say, there is a second part to this map, To Be Continued. ;)

Regards Zorid.

#2 andyman

andyman

Hey, not too rough!

• Renegade Moderators
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

:) good 1 Z just need to play it some more now :P

#3 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

/me posts a 17 min trailer +_+

but yea looking forward to playing it and playing with the zipline on the server :3
Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

A beautiful map and a good video to compliment it :Thumbs up: The zipline is amusing xD

Plenty of fun ahead for co-op fans and a great addition to the exodus rotation
Support Officer

#5 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

nice vid mate thanks ;)

#6 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Pics by z +_+

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Havoc_116

Havoc_116

I'm too young to die

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

Zorid add the infinite tank in the beginning if it probably. And that is heavy to keep the tank against heavy opponents

P.S We with TNaismih were lost today in hydroelectric power station corridors :ystright:
To live well and live well even better

#8 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Don't know about that, i'll think about it, as you can buy a tank at start anyways, yes its a bit much at mo its set to 5000 cost, but i am thinking about lowering that i to 2000. or 1500 as it takes awhile I've noticed to build up your credits on this map.

Lost in power station corridors? there is no power station on this map lol only the dam corridors ;)

On another note:

The map does need updating server side (no need for another client) i have seen a few things that need editing ;) things like,
  • A few more bots in areas (not many) (requested by players)
  • More ammo in places (requested by players
  • The hill before the barn only 1 flamer is driving over the hill there should be 2 flamers and 1 light tank (the flamer and light tank being stopped by a few bots, so will just move the bots placements)
  • Opening the zip teleport at bottom as soon as 1st player enters the top of the dam from the tunnel ;)
there was a few more but i cant think off them right now xD will remember when i'm in level edit haha. Anyways other than a few small edits im really happy with the map and how its turned out so far. Hope to have an update of the server map asap.

Regards Zorid.

#9 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

if you want to test anything I will be on irc around 7pm mate :)
Support Officer

#10 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

The hill before the barn only 1 flamer is driving over the hill there should be 2 flamers and 1 light tank (the flamer and light tank being stopped by a few bots, so will just move the bots placements)

I've only seen it happen once during the times i've played it, but yea that would prob be a good idea ^^

I was wondering if you could maybe place a few nod BH volt bots around the map to spice things up :3
Not too much, 1 per area might already be enough :3

#11 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

Alright I've edited the map now, it should be all good i hope not tested it all but i did do a quick test just to see it loaded alright and new stuff was there i added. Below is a list of fixes and edits:
  • Fix = some bots was not spawning in places,
  • Edit = ammo boxes have been added to
  • start area by tunnel entrance
  • on bridge both ends
  • middle of large tunnel
  • side of road next to the hill before the barn area
  • small tunnel before the base both ends
  • end area inside the two repair bays
  • Edit = added more bots not too many but a decent amount
  • Edit = the zip line teleporter on the bridge at bottom will now open when a player first goes to use it ;)
  • Fix = some chopper drops was not working on the dam top exit
  • Edit = check 3 will now open when a player first enters the top of the dam ladder area ;)
  • Edit = light tank and flammer over hill before barn should now work
  • Edit lowered cost of a med at start to 2000
  • Edit = moved ion spawn next to ped
that's all for now going to test it on server ;)

Tested and all seems ok now ;)

#12 Bigbobo

Bigbobo

I'm too young to die

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

My English is poor.But one word I can say:Good map!

Thanks Zorid.

#13 rossnisbe

rossnisbe

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:03 PM

zorid ttm1 really good map and fun too play looking forward for ttm2 and ttm3 and ttm4 beoynd if there is more that  etc

p.s what is that music called

#14 ChaosLegionnaire

ChaosLegionnaire

Hey, not too rough!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:58 PM

played the map last week and it seems to be like an enhanced remake of m02. map is nice for the most part except for the ceiling guns shooting through tanks. if u're a repair teamplayer, it gets annoying. not sure how this happens tho. probably just stray bullets. sheet happens in the battlefield so i wouldnt worry too much about it.

worthy of note is the water rendering on this map. the water looks so much better than the westwood ones in the sp maps. nice work with the directx 8 shaders.

another issue is that u must have meds to play this map otherwise the map is a chore to play if u choose to play inf only. the guard towers, sam sites and base defense structures etc. have too strong armor vs rockets. so it takes a ton of rockets to take them out and u end up just taping the fire button down (or using the repeat key macro on your gaming keyboard or mouse) and going afk instead rather than playing. should either increase the rocket launcher dmg (which is what sarah did for the heavy inf in her maps) or weaken the base defense armor a bit vs rockets.

my point here is that playing inf on this map should not be "crippled" in a sense unless it was by design that using vehicles are intentional. then it would probably be a good idea to make the vehicles cheaper.

another thing i noticed is that the buggies and apcs seem to do too much dmg to tanks with their bullets. a buggy actually took out half of a med's hp before the buggy itself was destroyed. seems a bit unrealistic for a bullet weapon to do so much dmg to tanks unless kane upgraded nod's guns with liquid tiberium?

lastly, i find the final mendoza boss fight anti-climatic if u can bring tanks into the final area to squish the boss. rekoil's m13 also has this issue. it really is a let down playing the map up till the end in anticipation of the boss fight and then one player just runs over the boss. should either try to make the boss armor immune to crush dmg if that is possible or add a script to the boss to make him hop from rooftop to rooftop on the houses in the final area (like the renegade version of whack-a-mole) similar to what the petrova boss does in sp m11 or mendoza hopping like in sp m05. that way u cant squish the boss but u can still use your tank against him which is fair enuff.
CPU: C2D E8600 @ 4GHz (400x10) @ 1.3375V & C2Q Q6600 @ 3.2GHz (400x8) @ 1.4125V
CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Super Megahalems & Thermalright True Black 120 Rev. C
GPU: Asus 8800 GTS 512 TOP & Leadtek 1GB GTX460 OC
GPU Cooler: Scythe Musashi & Stock GTX460 Cooler
Mainboard: Asus Maximus II Formula & Gigabyte EP35-DS3
Memory: 4 X 1GB Kingston HyperX @ 800MHz @ 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB & Hitachi 7K3000 2TB
Optical: LG GSA-H10N & BenQ DW1670 & Pioneer BDR-208DBK
Power Supply: Enermax Liberty 500W Modular & Super Flower Leadex Gold 550W Modular
Display: Asus VE248H
Input Devices: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard & X5 Mouse
Speakers: Creative Inspire T6100 5.1 Surround System

#15 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:58 AM

personally I think the mission is as good for infantry as it is for vehicles, there's plenty of refills to aid infantry along the way :) the only thing I would suggest is to swap the slow rocket launcher at the start of the level for the strong rocket launcher. I also agree that buggys are OP, not just on ttm1 but on most of the missions (2/3 shots with a ROF which cannot be matched and you're dead :()

Zorid is planning to remove the music from the map and he may add a few touches to help improve gameplay.

Support Officer

#16 rossnisbe

rossnisbe

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

chaos you are absolutly right apart from the last paragragh zorid must lower the cost of the medium tank just lower it to 1500 its just to much at 2000 olso  get black hand volt auto rifle bots some area are way to easy

#17 ChaosLegionnaire

ChaosLegionnaire

Hey, not too rough!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

errr i think instead of removing the music from the map, try to implement it correctly instead. right now the "music" appears to be implemented as a sound effect rather than as actual music. i have music in audio options muted and yet i can still hear the "map music". but in aircraftkiller's tropics map, the music is implemented correctly as a music track and muting music in audio options does in fact mute the map music. so studying how aircraftkiller implemented the music in his map correctly would be the best idea. so that if u dont like the map's music track just mute it in options.

and how exactly do u use the zipline between the upper dam and the lower dam and what is it for? when i first saw it, i thought my video card was overheating again as it looked like a memory spike artifact that occurs when u overclock the video ram too much! :lol:
CPU: C2D E8600 @ 4GHz (400x10) @ 1.3375V & C2Q Q6600 @ 3.2GHz (400x8) @ 1.4125V
CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Super Megahalems & Thermalright True Black 120 Rev. C
GPU: Asus 8800 GTS 512 TOP & Leadtek 1GB GTX460 OC
GPU Cooler: Scythe Musashi & Stock GTX460 Cooler
Mainboard: Asus Maximus II Formula & Gigabyte EP35-DS3
Memory: 4 X 1GB Kingston HyperX @ 800MHz @ 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB & Hitachi 7K3000 2TB
Optical: LG GSA-H10N & BenQ DW1670 & Pioneer BDR-208DBK
Power Supply: Enermax Liberty 500W Modular & Super Flower Leadex Gold 550W Modular
Display: Asus VE248H
Input Devices: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard & X5 Mouse
Speakers: Creative Inspire T6100 5.1 Surround System

#18 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:57 PM

The zipwire has a high death count lol but is much fun

Just walk up to the wire at the top of the dam (no need to press anything) trying to press a key to climb aboard will result in a death, also pressing keys while gliding may cause a death

after you have used the zipwire you can teleport to the top of the dam again by walking into the left? hand side of the tunnel entrance on your right

Support Officer

#19 rossnisbe

rossnisbe

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:28 AM

The zipwire has a high death count lol but is much fun

Just walk up to the wire at the top of the dam (no need to press anything) trying to press a key to climb aboard will result in a death, also pressing keys while gliding may cause a death

after you have used the zipwire you can teleport to the top of the dam again by walking into the left? hand side of the tunnel entrance on your right

yeah may want to try and fix that Zorid

#20 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:41 AM

The zipwire works fine if no keys are pressed. The main purpose of the zipwire was to have Nod bots slide down from the top of the dam whilst you are batlling the bottom section, It was then modified allowing people to use it just for fun. I don't think there would be any kind of fix for that, maybe a caution sign at the top would suffice? "danger of death"

Support Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users