32 replies to this topic

#21 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

Hi guys,

Nice to see you around again chaos ;) This reply is to all of you but you'll have to go through it as its not in any order lol  what ever popped into my head that you asked I replied haha

It is easy for me to fix the zip wire to stop deaths,  you see at the bottom by the bridge there is an invisible blocker across the bridge to stop players jumping of the bridge,(I did this only because there are 2 secrets under that bridge) so when you use the zip line you pass through the invisible blocker and are sometimes killed. However you should not die at all because of the way Sarah set up the script for it, when using the zip line the script makes the player do a taunt as you go down it and this mostly should not kill you but it happens, anyway I can fix this by removing the invisible blocker that way you would never ever die using it ;) but I do not want anyone to jump over bridge so i have decided to......

When I update this map (And no, I do not know when ;p) I will be removing the blocker from the bridge and adding a kill zone level with the bridge floor (on top of the water) so if anyone jumps over they will die xD this seems a much better way around it.  Other thing you have said about like the music im not sure how to make it so you can turn it off, yes it was added to the map via a speaker preset in level edit that I made so its part of the map, I will be removing the music off the map but for those who like it and want to play it while playing I will add a download for it maybe then you can play it whan ever you like on any map you like ;) I thing that is the best way.

Yes those buggies that move have deadly firepower (thanks to Sarah) the script she made for that firepower is very strong and fires at a very fast rate the buggies that do not move have a less firepower script on them so I will be replacing the scripts on the moving buggies for the less firepower ones. Fast rocket launcher to be added at the start im not sure about, too soon for me that is I thing I added enough good weapons at the start so I will add it not long after the start for you say about where the chain gun is at the bottom of the big tunnel after the bridge (will be added by the ammo box) ;) Tank cost, the med tank cost's 2000 and I am not changing that I thing that is cheap, when I first made the map the tank cost 5000 but I lowered it to 2000 and I thing that is about right imo as you can get lots of cash on this map anyway and most times players can buy a tank almost from start of game, by the time you get to the bridge most people have the cash to buy the tank.

Other updates that I would like to do is as follows...

1. Add buy med tank at checks 1, 2 & 3
  2. Add buy APC at start and check 1 only
  3. Replace weak repair gun in barn for fast repair gun
  4. Fix volt gun secret in dam (so you cant get it until you have cleared the area inside first, as it was meant to be that way anyway)
  5. Fix obi gun secret (so you cant get it until you have gotten the yellow key from the room on top of the dam by the gate, as it was meant to be that way anyway)
  6. Add nod volt gun secret somewhere on the map so you have both volts

I am sure there may be a few more things I written down but I cant remember right now ;p when I say written down I mean on a txt document on my old pc with all my ren stuff I have not put any ren stuff on this pc yet ill get round to it soon, also you said about the boss ye I didn't thing about that at the time that you can drive him down, anyways chaos this map by the way is in 3 parts but I have not finished the other 2 parts yet it starts with ttm0 beach start very small map no building just fight to tunnel at the end and then you start ttm1 at the end of ttm1 follows ttm2 which lead to a massive nod base with all single player building but the temple I used was the multi player building. I do have the single player building I fixed it and it the full m11 inside but abit different as all the floors/walls/roof/main door is all fixed and looks brand new ;) I will be using that on another map though ;)

Anyway back to the boss thing, Mendoza on ttm1 is not the main boss, the main boss fight will be on ttm2 ;) and may not be a character at all ;) so I don't know what to do with the boss fight on ttm1 I could make it so you cant drive the tank past the last gate? but doing that would be strange would it not? I will have to think about ways I could make it better and get back to you on that when I have a better idea :)

Sorry if I missed anything out

Regards Zorid.

#22 ChaosLegionnaire

ChaosLegionnaire

Hey, not too rough!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

another issue is that u must have meds to play this map otherwise the map is a chore to play if u choose to play inf only. the guard towers, sam sites and base defense structures etc. have too strong armor vs rockets. so it takes a ton of rockets to take them out and u end up just taping the fire button down (or using the repeat key macro on your gaming keyboard or mouse) and going afk instead rather than playing. should either increase the rocket launcher dmg (which is what sarah did for the heavy inf in her maps) or weaken the base defense armor a bit vs rockets.

my point here is that playing inf on this map should not be "crippled" in a sense unless it was by design that using vehicles are intentional. then it would probably be a good idea to make the vehicles cheaper.

Other updates that I would like to do is as follows...[list=1]
[*]Add buy med tank at checks 1, 2 & 3

ok that works too. that would also solve the problem i mentioned earlier in an indirect way.

Other thing you have said about like the music im not sure how to make it so you can turn it off, yes it was added to the map via a speaker preset in level edit that I made so its part of the map, I will be removing the music off the map but for those who like it and want to play it while playing I will add a download for it maybe then you can play it whan ever you like on any map you like ;) I thing that is the best way.

that works too as it makes the file size download smaller and thus its easier/faster to download everytime u update the map and u dont need to keep downloading the music file packed inside the map file. the music track seems quite long. im gunna assume the music track file size inside the mapfile is big as well? i.e. the music file takes up a bit of space inside the map's mix file?

so I don't know what to do with the boss fight on ttm1 I could make it so you cant drive the tank past the last gate? but doing that would be strange would it not? I will have to think about ways I could make it better and get back to you on that when I have a better idea :)

well in m02 u cant drive the tank past the ob anyway into the hand and airstrip area. and many ppl assume the grey door is blocked, locked and unmovable. they dont know red key opens the grey door that lets vehicles in... so just fix the grey vehicle door to be always locked/closed anyway. we can say that the grey vehicle door to the dam is controlled remotely from inside the nod base in ttm2. so no joy with the door!
CPU: C2D E8600 @ 4GHz (400x10) @ 1.3375V & C2Q Q6600 @ 3.2GHz (400x8) @ 1.4125V
CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Super Megahalems & Thermalright True Black 120 Rev. C
GPU: Asus 8800 GTS 512 TOP & Leadtek 1GB GTX460 OC
GPU Cooler: Scythe Musashi & Stock GTX460 Cooler
Mainboard: Asus Maximus II Formula & Gigabyte EP35-DS3
Memory: 4 X 1GB Kingston HyperX @ 800MHz @ 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB & Hitachi 7K3000 2TB
Optical: LG GSA-H10N & BenQ DW1670 & Pioneer BDR-208DBK
Power Supply: Enermax Liberty 500W Modular & Super Flower Leadex Gold 550W Modular
Display: Asus VE248H
Input Devices: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard & X5 Mouse
Speakers: Creative Inspire T6100 5.1 Surround System

#23 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

having the grey sliding door always locked is a great idea :Thumbs up:

@Zorid: you may have to rethink the defences on the other side of that door if you choose to keep it locked

Support Officer

#24 ChaosLegionnaire

ChaosLegionnaire

Hey, not too rough!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

in all fairness, i think the defs in the final area are actually prolly fine. from the amount of secrets/easter eggs in the dam and considering the amount of credits players have amassed at the end, players are expected to spam and make full use of all the nubjets, pics, rails, volts and maybe even the nub-ob guns :P they amassed previously! they shud have no prob buying a pic sydney or mobius either if they get killed. getting killed is just an excuse to come back with even stronger ass whooping gear!
Power Supply: Enermax Liberty 500W Modular & Super Flower Leadex Gold 550W Modular

#25 Dethdeath

Dethdeath

• Administrators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:56 PM

Yes those buggies that move have deadly firepower (thanks to Sarah) the script she made for that firepower is very strong and fires at a very fast rate the buggies that do not move have a less firepower script on them so I will be replacing the scripts on the moving buggies for the less firepower ones.

That script only affects the AI of the buggy, not the damage it does. If it does more damage it's because of something else in the map's setup, like the buggy type that is used(SP/MP) and/or damage modifications on the weapons themselves.
Posted Image

#26 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:00 AM

headshot accuracy for the buggy seems almost perfect on every map in co-op, they rip through infantry in just a few shots + headshots are 5 times more powerfull (I think?) so it could have something to do with the default preset being way too high.

that is for all maps not just ttm1.

I'm not sure what would be causing the extra damage vehicles on ttm1 but I suspect it has something to do with presets too.

Support Officer

#27 ChaosLegionnaire

ChaosLegionnaire

Hey, not too rough!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:03 AM

I'm not sure what would be causing the extra damage vehicles on ttm1 but I suspect it has something to do with presets too.

it is. cuz there are at least two versions of every vehicle in the game. the sp version and mp version. the mp versions have stronger armor and suffer less dmg from hits while the sp versions have weaker armor and take more dmg from hits.

the most obivous way to test this is in the skirmish map. the meds that spawn outside the wf take more dmg from light tank hits while the ones that u buy at the pt dont get dmged as much from light tank hits.

also, the sp buggies, humvs and apcs use a slower firing machine gun while the mp buggies, humvs and apcs use faster firing ones. once again this can be proven in the skirmish map.

however, i dont know what affects the bot's shot accuracy and yes headshots do 5x dmg. really overpowered. most other fps games i've played only do between 50% to 2x more dmg for headshots.

i would also wanna point out that on some maps the black hand sniper bots cant seem to hit you even if they're right next to you. but years ago playing, i remember the black hand sniper bots had no problems sniping from point blank range... i think somehow when the maps were overhauled the shot accuracy was somehow decreased. not that im complaining. no more insta deaths from sniper headshots! yay!

#28 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

yes that's right deth if you use for example nod buggy dec it is slow fire power and weaker armour but all dec vehicles do not move, the buggy I used for it to drive was the C&C nod buggy they have stronger hp and faster fire power, there is a buggy without the C&C that drives also but has same slow firing as the dec type buggy. also I have tested this when I 1st made the map and it is the script that makes it so deadly not the preset I used when I tested this buggy without the script it fired about the same as the slow buggy (fires faster but the kill rate is about the same as the dec) and after adding the script it raped me big time xD

as chaos said about skirmish those tanks at start of game are just gdi med tank player and the ones you buy are C&C gdi tank player same as all the other vehicles ;) anythink with C&C tents to be stronger/better.

as for the black hand sniper not as good aim as before that is a setting on the preset called sight arc (or some think like that) I think by default it is set to 180 not sure but for example if you set it to 360 then the ai can see you even if he faces away from you he can see all round at 360 degrees, also there is a setting for bulls eye offset this will tell the ai how good there aim is ;)

#29 ChaosLegionnaire

ChaosLegionnaire

Hey, not too rough!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:15 AM

as for the black hand sniper not as good aim as before that is a setting on the preset called sight arc (or some think like that) I think by default it is set to 180 not sure but for example if you set it to 360 then the ai can see you even if he faces away from you he can see all round at 360 degrees, also there is a setting for bulls eye offset this will tell the ai how good there aim is ;)

^great info!^ thanks. will use that to tweak the ai in my private custom maps. lol.

#30 rossnisbe

rossnisbe

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

you make maps to chaos  why are they private

#31 ChaosLegionnaire

ChaosLegionnaire

Hey, not too rough!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:18 AM

btw, has smith tried out this map? i imagine he will like it very much because he likes m02 and this is an improved version of m02.

you make maps to chaos & why are they private

because it contains "adult dialogue" unsuitable for minors lol...

#32 rossnisbe

rossnisbe

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

your mad

#33 Havoc___116

Havoc___116