#1 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

NOD finally had enough of GDI dominating the server rotation, with all maps except for 2 (m00_tutorial & tropics) being GDI. Kane decided to give me a visit and, with a railgun to my head, forced me to make more maps for NOD. So play these maps, so that Kane can be praised (and I might be spared of his fury)!

Joking aside though, I have made 6 serverside (so no downloading involved) mods of standard Westwood AOW MP maps. Five of these are already on the server, and have been so for a week now. These 5 maps are: C&C_Canyon, C&C_Volcano, C&C_Islands, C&C_Hourglass & C&C_Under.
The sixth is C&C_Field, which due to whatever the hell is causing it, keeps crashing 3.4 & 4.1 users (4.0 patch 1 users are unaffected) and has thus not been added to rotation so far. Due to a variety of attempted fixes I am pretty much down to my last resort: turning it into a custom map. This would mean 5 serversided maps and 1 custom map you would have to download (if you're not using 4.0 or higher scripts, otherwise the auto downloader will take care of it).
I had originally planned on holding off this post untill Field was fixed, but after trying every fix I could which did not involve turning it into a custom map, I decided to post this. This post will be updated when Field is done.

These maps are divided between 2 playstyles:
-Style 1: Canyon, Hourglass, Volcano. On this style buildings cannot be destroyed from the outside, with the exception of the AGT on Hourglass due to that map being near impossible when I did make the AGT indestructible from outside :3 The respawn time for all infantry on this style is 60 secs. There are no respawning vehicles. This style has each section blocked off from the start and each area gets unblocked as you complete objectives. This style is a fusion of Mission style & MP maps with an emphasis on the mission style.
-Style 2: Field, Islands, Under. On this style the buildings CAN be destroyed from outside. The respawn time on this style is 60 secs for all infantry, and 90 secs for respawning vehicles (respawning vehicles occur on Field & Under). This style has generally only the tunnels blocked off untill the GDI base is dead (on Under & field there is a small area in the field that is blocked off and traps some NOD bots which will be unleashed when you conquer the field). This style is also a fusion of Mission style & MP maps with more of an emphasis on the more open gameplay of the MP maps. This style also has an evenly matched ammount of dynamic bots on both teams.
On both styles the buildings will be repaired from within by hotwires.

Mendoza, Sakure & Raveshaw cost 2500 on all these maps. Stealth really works on these maps with the help of sarah and her scripts :3 Keep in mind you need to be unnoticed by any bots when you cloak in order to truly be ignored by the AI. If an AI sees you when you are about to cloak or earlier, he will hunt you down and keep shooting even though you are cloaked at the time he engages you (so make sure no bots see you when you cloak). Maps that have an AGT will decloak stealth units within a radius of the GDI base as long as the AGT is alive. Maps that have an AGT are: Hourglass, Field & Under. On Islands stealth units are also decloaked within a radius as long as the 5 GDI Guard Towers are alive. I decided to do this for Islands even though it does not have an AGT due to the map being way to easy otherwise.

All maps have hologram projectors with holokanes on them. There are switches at these projectors which will list all objectives the map has when poked. Style 1 maps except for Hourglass have the small hologramprojectors with 2 switches inside the NOD buildings. Hourglass and the style 2 maps have 1 giant holokane and hologram projector with 4 switches inside their base. Switches can be poked once every 20 seconds. Hourglass is the only map with a bossfight.

Below in the spoilers are generic guides on what to do in order to complete these missions, as well as the objectives list as they are found ingame on the switches near the holokanes. The one for Field is included even though Field is not yet operational/working.

C&C_Canyon:

Spoiler

C&C_Volcano:
Spoiler

C&C_Hourglass:
Spoiler

C&C_Field:
Spoiler

C&C_Islands:
Spoiler

C&C_Under:
Spoiler

If you kept count of the total, yes there are 39 (33 minus the broken Field) secrets spread over these 6 maps. The secret obby gun spawners occur on every map, but are however also always marked as StartsDisabled, meaning you will have to meet the requirements for getting it to spawn. On most maps this requirement is the death of either the AGT or the Barracks.

Lastly, below are two trailer videos I made for these 6 maps. the first one has footage of the malfuctioning Field in it. I left it in cause it will give you an idea of what the map was like.

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

very nice post mate, lots of info there great work ;) the 2nd vid wont play for me though it says error try again laters, so ill try it again laters xD

#3 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

Nice to have more Nod maps in the rotation. Good work ReKoil :Thumbs up:
Support Officer

#4 Havoc_116

Havoc_116

I'm too young to die

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

Repaired map Field? Then put it now
To live well and live well even better

#5 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

very nice post mate, lots of info there great work ;) the 2nd vid wont play for me though it says error try again laters, so ill try it again laters xD

it plays for me. maybe youtube was having heavy load or was down for maintenance or w/e when you tried to watch :\

Repaired map Field? Then put it now

ahem, I have not repaired it just yet. I have stated so several times in my post, as you can see again below:

The sixth is C&C_Field, which due to whatever the hell is causing it, keeps crashing 3.4 & 4.1 users (4.0 patch 1 users are unaffected) and has thus not been added to rotation so far. Due to a variety of attempted fixes I am pretty much down to my last resort: turning it into a custom map.

I had originally planned on holding off this post untill Field was fixed, but after trying every fix I could which did not involve turning it into a custom map, I decided to post this. This post will be updated when Field is done.

-Style 2: Field, Islands, Under.

The one for Field is included even though Field is not yet operational/working.

#6 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

All five maps have been updated.

General:
-On all maps I have changed NOD to Nod in text messages where applicable.
-On all maps 1k chars (sakura, mendoza, raveshaw) cost has been reduced from 3000 to 2500.
-On all maps I have fixed the objective switches which were spammable untill now. The switches can now only be poked once every 20 seconds.
-Added additional messages to all maps for cinematic drops:
-Warning! Enemy paratroopers detected! (also plays a sound - yes I know its the EVA voice sound, but there is no NOD equivalent)
-Warning! Enemy chinook drop incoming! (also plays a sound)

Map specific:
-Canyon: Changed several laser walls to blockers on various locations to prevent people shooting through them to kill vehicles early.
-Canyon: Added an objective: The WF is now blocked off untill ALL vehicles (incl Guard Towers) in the GDI base are destroyed.
-Canyon: Added a strong rep gun spawn to the map.
-Volcano: Relocated the secret ladder/tele leading to ramjet due to the possibility of exploiting it to get into GDI base early and thus possibly skipping part of the map.
-Volcano: Added an objective: The WF is now blocked off untill ALL vehicles in the GDI base are destroyed.
-Islands: Added an objective: The pedestal is now blocked off untill ALL vehicles in the GDI base are destroyed.
-Hourglass: Added an objective: The WF is now blocked off untill ALL vehicles in the GDI base are destroyed.
-Hourglass: Sidepaths now despawn as each is cleared: Clearing left side path will despawn that path and play a message; same goes for the right sidepath.
-Style 1 maps (hourglass, Volcano, Canyon): infantry respawn time changed from 40 secs to 60 secs.

Original post has been updated with the new objectives, switch info, respawn info & char cost.

#7 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

More updates +_+

Canyon: Fixed the retarded harvester dry humping that tree till infinity +_+
Islands: Fixed a message not playing (apparently i just forgot to add it xD)
Under: Fixed the team hampering dynamic vehicles by changing their AI scripts. They now also shoot more/proper which is also something they did'nt do that much with the old AI script :3

This will most likely be the final update for these 5 AOW maps since everything is now functioning properly :3

#8 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

Islands & Under:
-Fixed the LCG bots who wouldn't shoot enemies by changing the preset in their spawners. They now shoot rockets rather than not shoot at all with their laser chainguns.

#9 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

Maps have been updated with some minor tweaks:

Volcano:

-Added Blockers to the tunnel exits into GDI base so you can no longer kill the mammoth through the laser fence.

There was initially an issue with the new volcano causing the server to crash on load, but that has been resolved.

Hourglass:

-Changed 1 secret a bit so it is easier to get to.

All nod AOW maps:

-Changed (lowered) GDI transport helicopters health (from the cinematic drops) so that it matched that of the Nod transport helicopters on the GDI maps.

#10 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

nice updates, glad you blocked volcano from killing that mammy in tunnel much better :)

#11 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

Hourglass:

-Changed the AGT gun tele so it does not work until AFTER clearing the side paths.

Under:

-Added 1 bounce zone at the main entrance to GDI base. This will disapear after the field has been reclaimed. This has been done to prevent people from skipping field and going straight for killing the AGT and/or GDI base. (which also prevents GDI bots not being able to despawn if the field is cleared AFTER killing the barracks or WF).

#12 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

Volcano:
-Mammoth and console near tib field are now required to be destroyed to unlock the WF. You can still go and kill PP etc. first.
-Ceiling gun in tunnels now needs to be destroyed in order to advance.

Canyon:
-Made destroying the 2 ceiling guns in (infantry) tunnels required for clearing the area/completing the objective.
-Added largeblockers to tunnel sniping spots overlooking the field. This to prevent people from glitching their weapons through here to kill vehicles in field before the tunnels have been cleared.

Islands:
-Secret tele after volts does not work until the field has been cleared now.
-Added teleporters in the out of bounds area to prevent people from going for the other secrets by jumping down from ramjet. They will teleport you back to base.

Under:
-Added a text message to the bounce zone.

#13 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

Volcano:
-There's now a teleport zone on top of the bunker that will teleport you off the bunker to prevent people from going up the hill too early. The zone will go away when the field is cleared.

Islands:
-Teleport to ramjet rock now does not work until field is cleared. This to prevent people from camping here with AGT gun/RL.

#14 Havoc_716

Havoc_716

I'm too young to die

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Steam:
    havoc_116

Posted 17 September 2016 - 10:04 PM

Issue map Field offline mission coop.  How to map Stronghold by Zorid

0 user(s) are reading this topic