Photo

Civillians; civillians all over the place!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

Just a vid of me testing my civilian rescue mechanics on the new m05 im working on +_+

This is probably not the final version of the mechanics. I say probably because I hope to put the civillians in a hostage animation as well, but i have not set this up yet as just getting them to behave like they are now took a lot of work and troubleshooting, which sarah helped me with :3

Also that circle driving APC is not my fault, nor the script's fault. You can blame Ren's coding for that one xD

Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

nice work ReKoil. If you are going to start mucking around with animations why not try get the civillians to climb a rope into a chinook rather than disappearing? if it's not already possible you could try using the zip wire script from ttm1? not sure ;) either way looking forward to playing the new mission :)

oh and nice shooting :P

Support Officer

#3 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

nice work ReKoil. If you are going to start mucking around with animations why not try get the civillians to climb a rope into a chinook rather than disappearing? if it's not already possible you could try using the zip wire script from ttm1? not sure ;) either way looking forward to playing the new mission :)

oh and nice shooting :P

This is what I was originally hoping to do. The problem is, that animation is done by a specific m01 script, which also happens to be partially hardcoded. Therefore, it cannot be used anywhere besides on m01 (and even then it is an SP script, which is not exactly reccomended for MP :P). So I did the best thing i could come up with; send the civs to an apc and have them disapoof, like as if they entered the APC.

Also, just an fyi, the civs do the same disapoof on m01 with that rope climb to helicopter. Disapoof on the ropes in the air near the chopper or disapoof near an APC. Both are to simulate the bots entering a vehicle.

The zip wire script is an nice idea, but that could only be used on custom maps since mxx maps dont have any zipwire models on them (the script can still be used but they'll just swoosh through the air with no visible zipwire xD)

#4 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 342 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

:Thumbs up:

Support Officer

#5 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

The male civs are forced into a hostage animation now +_+

The female civs do not have this animation and I'll have to use something else for them, but just look at those male civs with their hands above their heads +_+

Edit:

Seems it will be impossible to force the female civs into a hostage like animation. It is probably possible to make a hostage animation myself for the female bones, but I cant do that for serverside maps such as m05.

#6 ReKoil

ReKoil

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

Screenshot.122.png

poor priest.... :P