It's a tool that would be useful for server owners only, so don't bother to download it if you're only a player.
Also, this is only for Windows 32/64 bit at the moment.
This is an IRC relay bot made for AssaultCube. Its scope is to relay events happening in-game to an IRC channel. This allows server administrators to watch what's happening in-game without the need of being in-game. Players can also see if it's the right moment for them to join your server
The bot reads gamelogs produced by the AssaultCube server, parses them and then sends them in a humanly-readable form on IRC. To make things easier (for me), I modified the sourcecode of the server to produce easily parsable logs.
In this archive you should have found the modified 1.0.4 sources (I only included the ones that I actually modified) and a Win32 executable of the server (ac_server.exe). You need to replace your server's executable with the one supplied to let the bot work.
The only modifications I've done are a simple change to output logs, and the inclusion of the code that can be found here:
for the map blacklisting.
You also need to have access to your server (preferably via RDP), to let you put the bot's executable and configure it via its GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- Fast and low resource usage. It should never use even 1% of your CPU power, and only a few Mb of RAM.
- Full IRC support. You can set server, port, nickname, identify password, channel, channel key, IRCOP password. It also will auto-reconnect on connection loss (even though it fails sometimes )
- Fully configurable through its GUI -or- from IRC with an extensive set of commands, no complicate command-line configuration.
- Fully customizable output format, and the possibility of selectively enable/disable each event's log output, through IRC or via its GUI.
- Total control over EVERY IRC command. You can easily set what IRC mode an user needs to use any command.
- Easy update. You just need to type '!update NOW' from IRC to let it check for an update. If one it's found, it'll automatically download and apply it.
- You can see the following event from IRC: kills, teamkills, votes, joins, quits, all chat, team chat, disconnects, match starts.
- Additionally, you can use 2 commands to see how many players are in-game, the game mode and the map played in that moment.
(the events support and the informations displayed will be expanded in the next releases)
Example of output:
ACIRCBot_output.png 29.11KB 92 downloads
Use this thread for bug reports ONLY please. There's so much that can be added to the bot still, but it's a work-in-progress so I already planned to add lots of features in the future releases.
Also, read the included ReadMe file before asking any questions.
EDIT: I noticed that the uploaded version had our old IRC server by default, I've updated it to our current one (irc.exoduscommunity.com) and updated the archive. Should still work, but this is the right one. Sorry.