#1 Ethenal

Ethenal

Exodus God

• Administrators
  • 531 posts
  • Steam:
    Ethenal

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:07 AM

I saw "Turbo-Technologies.us DM" on cncnet.org (the gamespy listing) and was amazed. that was Reaver and Reckneya's server that was hosted on here - which I presume it still is.

how you guys outlived Jelly, I'll never know.

what's up? who's still here? I see some posts recently. there's still some life!

Posted Image

#2 Zorid

Zorid

No bot stands a chance

• Senior Moderators
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

Hey Ethenal ;)

Ye still around playing coop almost every day and on irc, Still running coop and DM servers from renz0r hehe although the coop server has had many updates an new maps since then an we hope to add even more at some point. Shame reckneya and reaver11 are not around any more ;( though i still talk to them once in awhile xD

We did almost lose the servers awhile ago though exodus was goin to close all but the forums but thanks to Rekoil ;) he saved the servers from being closed so they are still running for us and the coop server is active every day still, DM server not so much but once in awhile there mite be players in there.

The forum seems not so active these days but i think most of us still view it every day or every few days even though we dont log in. I myself dont log in much unless i need to reply to a post like this xD other than that all is well and nice to see you again ;)

Regards Zorid.

#3 dubstar

dubstar

Ultra violence

• Renegade Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • Steam:
    dubXP

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

hey eth... you're still ranked 3rd in the DM server lol been a while since I seen reck n reaver playing :(

most of the jelly players like myself play over at rencorner now :)

Support Officer

#4 Dethdeath

Dethdeath

• Administrators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:10 PM

Hey.

Some of us are still around :P

Things around here will basically be up and running for as long as possible.

Posted Image

#5 arnyswart

arnyswart

God

• Administrators
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:43 AM

I still look at the forums from time to time. With two young kids I do not have time to play anymore.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 ReKoil

ReKoil

C&C Renegade Corn Supplier

• Senior Moderators
  • 909 posts
  • Steam:
    rekoil637

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

i'm sort of around.... checking forums every day or couple days.

i still play ren co-op every now & then.

Soldier in the war on bots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 rossnisbe

rossnisbe

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

Hello 

#8 grant89uk

grant89uk

• Renegade Moderators
  • 632 posts
  • Steam:
    grant_rfc

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

I randomly got the notion to check up on renegade and see if there was any life left in it and was surprised to see so many servers still listed. 

Not got huge player counts but the game is 15 years old...

Posted Image

#9 rossnisbe

rossnisbe

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

the max is like 30 and thats for rencorner grant.

#10 g.O.D

g.O.D

Ultra violence

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Steam:
    g.O.D

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

I'm still here, in the background.
Mind over Matter
Posted Image
The -DM- Medic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

<Reaver11> Dont run under IRC ladders! /\ xD
<ChaosLegionnaire> ....
<gOD> hehe
<ChaosLegionnaire> dont break any mirrors :þ
<ChaosLegionnaire> this includes breaking the surface of water which is also a type of mirror

Originally posted by Reckneya
Well let me tell you, I will miss them. I will miss them like I miss toothpain when I am trying to eat pussy.
Face your Fears Live your Dreams!

#11 stan216

stan216

Hurt me plenty

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:47 AM

hellllllo....!!!

I had a thought about this community a while ago, but it was down when I checked.

I got myself a computer science degree, and have been working for 2 years already.  Programming is indeed a brain drain  :Sleepy:

Just like many of you guys, I haven't touched renegade or renegade X for a long while. My gaming desktop bellied up 2 years ago but I'm looking to build another one so who knows you might see me in one of your renegade servers again!

打他妈妈! 烧他全家!
translation: "Beat his mum! Burn his family!"

#12 Cunin

Cunin

:U

• Administrators
  • 2,609 posts
  • Steam:
    Cunin

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

I came back on the forums only because they were broken :P but I do check every once in a while, I'm on IRC 24/7 though (I'm actually thinking about hosting the IRC server in my pc if the server will ever close).

I'm really happy to see the coop and assaultcube servers well populated so often, though the IRC is almost completely dead compared to what it was. Grant paid us a visit a few weeks ago and then it was the turn of jimmyny, but other than that, there's only a few of us there. Not that any of us will ever have the time to chat like we used to, but you know, it's good to post some lolpic or link and have a little discussion every now and then.

Btw the jelly channel is still there and there's still someone on IRC, even raven (which I think is keeping the irc server up).

#13 Ethenal

Ethenal

Exodus God

• Administrators
  • 531 posts
  • Steam:
    Ethenal

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

lol I totally forgot I posted this. two months later...

I might mess with the coop server a bit. I'm (finally) getting into reverse enginneering and assembly a bit and half the tutorials are on AssaultCube, lol. so it reminded me of here.

Renegade is thoroughly reverse engineered (TT, BHS, RenGuard, etc.) so I was also thinking this might be a good candidate to mess with. I also see the coop server has 4 players right now! does anybody have the source code to what's running on the coop server?

Posted Image

#14 Dethdeath

Dethdeath

• Administrators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:01 AM

I might mess with the coop server a bit. I'm (finally) getting into reverse enginneering and assembly a bit and half the tutorials are on AssaultCube, lol. so it reminded me of here.

Renegade is thoroughly reverse engineered (TT, BHS, RenGuard, etc.) so I was also thinking this might be a good candidate to mess with. I also see the coop server has 4 players right now! does anybody have the source code to what's running on the coop server?

The Co-op server is still being worked on by various people in the community, if you want to help you probably want to get updated first on what's currently going on development-wise.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users